SaabCentral Forums banner

power seat / sunroof problems

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  AZR Racing 
#1 ·
just bought my 97 900se the seats wont move at all and neither will the sun roof. the guy i bought it from says its a power relay gone bad.... but what i want to know is there a main power relay that ties the sunroof in with the seats? all fuses ok. power windows and locks work fine. alarm radio everything except the seats and sunroof. got any ideas? thanks

#2 · (Edited)
AZR Racing said:
just bought my 97 900se the seats wont move at all and neither will the sun roof. the guy i bought it from says its a power relay gone bad.... but what i want to know is there a main power relay that ties the sunroof in with the seats? all fuses ok. power windows and locks work fine. alarm radio everything except the seats and sunroof. got any ideas? thanks
EDITED....

Dont know about the sunroof, i dont think theres a relay for it. But there is a relay underneith the seats, for the seats of course.
Check ground, and also make sure that.... :

For the seats..

Power to pin 1 and 4
Pin 6 in the connection underneith the drives seat. There is a 30 ampere fuse.
Pin 7 ground through ICE, ICE-pin 32. This will go to the passanger seat as well.
Pin 8 ground for the chair

#3 ·
AZR Racing said:
Maybe you can use these wiring diagrams to trace the circuit.

#4 ·
well i ended up just pulling the drivers seat to fint that both the relays were missing off the bottom of the seat. so off to the local junkyard i went to snag a few, put them in and works good as new. the sunroof was easy, turns out the loser that owned it before me pulled the fuse and didnt put it back in. so i replaced it with the correct spare and sure enough it started working.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.