SaabCentral Forums banner

Oil Extractor

757 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  earthworm 
#1 ·
Hi,

I was thinking of getting an oil extractor and starting using it for oil changes however I know there is a sludge issue with my type of car (2001 9-3) and I wanted to hear other people's experiences with this type of car and oil extractors - any feedbacks would be appreciated.

Thanks!

#2 ·
sapiro said:
Hi,

I was thinking of getting an oil extractor and starting using it for oil changes however I know there is a sludge issue with my type of car (2001 9-3) and I wanted to hear other people's experiences with this type of car and oil extractors - any feedbacks would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Naaw.. I'd go the old fashioned way.

Oil extractor oil change compared to just undo the oil plug, wont get enough oil, not even close.
Even when you do it the "right way" there is still alot of old, nasty, horribel and unwanted oil left in pipings and the oil cooler.
With an extractor you leave even more of liquefied satan in the trough (is that the right word?).

Oil sludge has no connection to a particular method of changing oil. I'd be more worried about the piston rings and the crank house breathing ;)

#3 ·
These oil extractors are used at the quickie oil change emporiums; they are faster - that all that counts.

As Nine says, the liquid sludge on the floor of the pan cannot be removed other than by good old gravity...:cheesy:

Also : With an extractor you leave even more of liquefied satan in the trough (is that the right word?). Yes, indeed....and very well put.:cheesy:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.