SaabCentral Forums banner

black ice

606 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Leon 
#1 · (Edited)
hey all its an other snowy day in the north east
so to start off
i was getting on the hiway the other nite foot into it as always and then a little crunch ok a big crunch i think i hit a patch of black ice
i let off the gas and had a nocking sound
so i went to a friends shop and put her on the lift
i found that the outer cv joint on the right side was very loose
i looked in the shop manual and it looks to be any easy fix
so far i was wondering if i needed to put the hole shaft or does it seperate at the cv joint
.eeuroparts.com has a outer joint kit for 149.00
as always i look to you i thank you all for the great input and advise you have to share
oh how would my 900se look painted john deere green with a yellow rally stripe
just a thought i have an extra gallon from a tractor i painted
again thanks for your time
peace
added the trans is a 5 speed

See less See more
#3 ·
turbojet said:
oh how would my 900se look painted john deere green with a yellow rally stripe
just a thought i have an extra gallon from a tractor i painted
again thanks for your time
peace
Wonderful
Can't wait for somebody with photoshop skills to come by and show it :cheesy:
I would do it but the red in my old CRT just gave up :evil:

#4 ·
turbojet, if I'm correct, both of our axles are the same for both sides, you have an AUTO I'm assuming? The only difference is that on the passenger's side, the axle goes into some sort of MID bearing, that is fixed to the back of the engine, then this "SHAFT" goes into the differential of he transmission. From what I know, we don't even try to undo ANYTHING from the transmission, right before the bearing, undo the shaft there, now here's where I'm stumped, are we supposed to pop it out from there? Or just undo the metal boot clamp and take out the tripod end?

Remember, to put the metal parts back on the boot, you'll need the clamp pliers that eeuroparts also sells for like $13, or you can just use heavy duty ZiP ties like earthworm suggested in the past! Good luck, let us know what you find out!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.