SaabCentral Forums banner

I'm totally bummed...

654 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  blue900s 
#1 ·
Something weird just happened moments ago. I drove to the local Kroger store for some groceries less than two miles away, car ran just fine. I was out about 15 mins later, started the car and the dash battery light, exclamation triangle and brake light are on. So I creep home to troubleshoot and find that the battery is showing 12.4V with everything off, but car won't turn over. I never use the park brake except when jacking up the car, so the brake light is a mystery (fluid level is ok). Alternator is less than 6 mos old. By the way, there was slush on the road and it was snowing-not sure if this has anything to do with it.
Question is, what could have happened during the 15 mins or so after I parked the car?

#4 ·
It could still fail. Check the charging with all the accessories, wipers, defogger, heater, lights and radio on. Also check the battery terminal conncetions to see if they're not tight or have some corrosion. The connction at the alternator should also be checked for tightness

#5 ·
I'm waiting on a friend to drive over so I can jump-start it an check the charging system. I'm thinking it may be the battery since the car still has the 12 year old factory battery. The PO had it from new and they confirmed this when I bought the car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.