SaabCentral Forums banner

Please Help - Saab Certified Warranty Issue

468 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Frank_Drebin 
#1 ·
I purchased my Saab Certified Pre-Owned 2004 Saab 9-3 Linear at the end of November and on my way home from the dealership I realized that the CD player was broken and the front speakers didnt work. I called the dealership right away and they had me bring it in and CD player needs to be replaced and the amp under the seat. They said it would be 1-2 weeks, already been 3 weeks and still no CD player or amp.

My concern is that in the Saab Pre-owned certified inspection check, the cd/radio is on there and it was checked off as in working order.

Because this obviously was not checked do I have any kind of case against the dealership because of this?

Reason I am even more concerned then I normally would be is because the engine malfunction light has come on and the rear break failure light.

If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

#2 ·
IMO, I doubt if anything was checked...But proving anything is nigh impossible.. It is still very much a buyer beware world..And the selling dealer is to remain unknown and protected....:nono;

Try posting this in the 9-3 NG(new generation)section)..

#3 ·
Well, the good news is that it's a CPO so it has a warranty. As for the actual inspection process, I know it's usually nothing more than the same "inspection" that you get with an oil change that offers a "free 130 pt inspection". They fix obvious things like brake pads, rotors etc... My friend at the VW dealership said they are allowed only 45mins to inspect a car for CPO and that they bill the dealership $800 for the inspection and subsequent coverage. My guess is it's a gamble for them but pays off in that they chatge rougly $1000-$2000 more for a CPO.

I would go back to the sales department and speak with the uised-car manager. They can make things happen with service. I returned a truck under similar circumstances a few years ago. I ended up going to the used car manager and he got a new transmission put in the truck. Then, after 3 more trips in 2 weeks, they took it back and sold me a 3yr old one for the same price as the 5 yr old one originally.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.