SaabCentral Forums banner

Heater Blower Controls?

478 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  earthworm 
#1 ·
When I started my car this afternoon it was running fine right up until I tried to turn the heat up. It seems like the knob wasn't working and/or controlling the heat. When I hit the recycled air button (I think that is what its called) I could hear the blower getting higher. When I shut the car off, the blower was still blowing for a couple of minutes before I turned the car back on and off to stop it. (wasn't sure how long it would go on)

Has anyone had this happen? And if so, what was the resolution and how much did it cost? I've got a 2005 Saab 9-3 Turbo.

Any help would be appreciated.

#2 ·
kdawg said:
When I started my car this afternoon it was running fine right up until I tried to turn the heat up. It seems like the knob wasn't working and/or controlling the heat. When I hit the recycled air button (I think that is what its called) I could hear the blower getting higher. When I shut the car off, the blower was still blowing for a couple of minutes before I turned the car back on and off to stop it. (wasn't sure how long it would go on)

Has anyone had this happen? And if so, what was the resolution and how much did it cost? I've got a 2005 Saab 9-3 Turbo.

not sure if this will be the problem but good to check it out...

on the LH side of the car (passanger side of a RH side car or driver side on a LH side car) take off the side pannal (the pannal beside the controls but more in the foot well if you know what i mean) and have a look at the wires and stuff in there could be a loose conetion or something in there. as for when you turns it off not sure as it should cut out with the engine but like i say look in the back if there and see if anything is stuck or loose

edit :- hope that made sence as it is 3 am and i have only had 2 hrs sleep in the last 48 hrs so sorry if its a bit jumbled :confused:

#3 ·
kdawg said:
When I started my car this afternoon it was running fine right up until I tried to turn the heat up. It seems like the knob wasn't working and/or controlling the heat. When I hit the recycled air button (I think that is what its called) I could hear the blower getting higher. When I shut the car off, the blower was still blowing for a couple of minutes before I turned the car back on and off to stop it. (wasn't sure how long it would go on)Normal ? Not sure at all..Avoid the recycled air - this works poorly at best..

Has anyone had this happen? And if so, what was the resolution and how much did it cost?Your car is but 2 years old:cheesy: I've got a 2005 Saab 9-3 Turbo.This should be covered by warnanty

And we are in the wrong forum, anyway:cheesy:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.