SaabCentral Forums banner

center console ignition

5K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  blue900s 
#1 ·
It hit me last night as N.E. got blasted by 12 plus inches of snow--I now know why Saab's have a center ignition. So you don't have to get completely in the car to start it. My wife has a Ford :cry: and I had to get completely into the car to start it--a real pain when you are in full snow gear. Another reason why I love Saab.

#3 ·
now that seems like yet another good reason for the center console ignition. you don't have to get in the car! that would certainly be nice during winters here with the car parked outside. yet another reason for me to dump the chevy and get a saab all the sooner. :p

#4 ·
hkayssi said:
I have a remote starter on my Ford but not on the SAAB :nono; Lucky for me, I park the SAAB inside :lol:
I have a remote starter in both the Ford and the Saab. Having the ignition switch in the centre made it extreemly easy to install the remote starter as all the ignition / starter wires pass from the keyswitch up the centre dash console; I put the remote starter "brain" at the very bottom of the centre console directly infront of the transmission gear selector so the wires didn't have to travel far to the ignition wires.

#5 · (Edited)
I went to several alarm radio shops that do that stuff. Nobody would touch it. They ask what brand is the car? I say SAAB and they say no we don't do those! WTF? What's so complicated about the SAAB? The dealer wants $350 for that. I'm not interested in paying that much :nono;

The alarm, immobilizer, auto starter and 2 remotes cost me about $250 for the Ford.

#6 ·
I installed a DIY remote starter in my 95 a year a go, no problems at all and a very easy install. The only trade-off is that you can't remote-start the car with the anti-theft engaged.....so you first have to disarm with the Saab remote then use the remote start remote. The remote starter was $79 at sears.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.