SaabCentral Forums banner

Heated Seats dont work.

944 views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  michaLcoughliN 
#1 ·
where do i start looking to diagnose the problem? i looked under the driver seat and everything looked connected.

1996 900s

#11 ·
Yes and No

A knowledge of electricity, circuits, schematics is necessary, as a prerequisite.. As more and more stuff is electronics/electrics in our age.. I think everyone should know about this... and, generally it is not that hard...
Then, its good to have the schematics, and the manual(WIS)
You can connect the multi-meter (Ohms,volts,amps) to your battery, set the display facing the windshield(a bit tricky) and check out the operation of almost every control as you sit and read the display..
This is interesting , even fun.....
Or you can connect to the fuse panel - this is more work, and more exact..
My heated seats do not work either , as I recall, but I'll live (long-johns).:cheesy:

#12 ·
Ohms law

E
___
I x R

(E = electromotive force) measured in Voltage
(I = current ) measured in Amps
(R = Resistance ) measured in Ohms

You can use an ohmeter if you wish. If you know how too. What you can do is run it in series with the circuit, or you can use an Ammeter to see how much Amperage is running to the Seat.

Ammeters are great if your car is blowing fuses excessively.

Back to the ohmeter. Once finding out the Voltage of the circuit. you can simply imply if the seat is actually getting voltage. There Should be something as to voltage if the seat is getting power.

you can also test how much Resistance there is which is measured in Ohms.
If it shows up

0 omega, then you have a problem. also done with an ohmeter.

First thing I would do personally would be, go back with a test light to the fuse for your heated seats to insure you are getting power. Check to see if the seats are plugged in. etc etc etc.

hope this helps :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.