SaabCentral Forums banner

Advice of fixing oil pan

544 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Frank_Drebin 
#1 ·
So i finally found the source of my oil leak. The oil pan has obviously suffered some kind of trauma. Theres a two inch wide area of pretty deep scrapes and some spider cracks on the front of the pan itself. The leak is weeping from somewhere in the damaged area. Very slowly but steadily. Im losing about half a quart a day.

Now there is no area of obvious penetration, so i guess the oil is just seeping through some of these spider cracks. Do you think I could get away with some JB weld all over the damaged area? Would I have to drain the pan because the oil would prevent the JB from drying?

What do you all think?
Thanks,
Paul

#3 ·
One other thing to consider when making this decision. The oil pickup screen mounts directly to the bottom of the pan. If the pan has been bent in at all, you may be starving the pump as well. I would play it safe and drop the pan. Gives you a chance to look around anyway. I'm glad I did...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.