SaabCentral Forums banner

Thanks To The NYPD

891 views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  Tweek's Turbos 
#1 · (Edited)
Accident

The cops ran a red light, coming from the right. No need to wait for their turn, no siren, thinking they could get away by crossing six lanes of traffic without a hit. It could have ended in a way worse accident, no one got hurt, luckily, but my car is nicely damaged. Cop comment: "Why did you crash into my car?". Look closely at the pictures and tell me who crashed into whom. Very upset and sad.
Any ideas where to get the car repaired cheaply in the NYC area? Looks like right rear quarter panel, bumper is ok, just fell off. Alignment seems ok but might need to be checked. Can it be spackled and painted? Body shop estimate: $4600, which almost totales the car.
Thanks

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
All I can say is you are very lucky he didn't shoot you, then plant drugs and a gun on you and in your car and claim you were "behaving oddly" and when he "attempted to signal" you to cease you began to "speed away" and he was "forced to end the pursuit" by means of "vehicular melee" where upon you exited the vehicle "firing wildly" from "apparent drug induced violence" at which point in order to "protect the public" the officer used "lethal force" to "terminate" your "rampage."

#4 ·
You've obviously got to stop driving in reverse!!

Bummer, I guess you're thinking fix it yourself after buying back the 'totalled' car. I'd want to see why the bodyshop's cost is so high. Your wheel must have taken a hit, so even if it tracks OK, maybe it's not?

#6 ·
this sounds similar to a situation i ALMOST had couple years ago. it was about 3 in the morning and im sitting at a red light, it turns green i begin to accelerate til i notice a car coming fast from the left side of the intersection so i slam on the brakes in the beginning of the middle of the intersection since i knew they were running the light, well needless to say it was a cop with no lights no siren going probably 45 in a 25. he blatently ran the red light, it wasnt even at the yellow merging to red point, when he went through my light was green for enough time for me to casually put it in 1st from neutral and start accelerating to about 5 mph then i stopped when i saw it coming. if i would have accelerated like normal without checking around i would have been smacked right in the side at a very good speed. me telling this story doesnt explain how mad i was at the situation and how quickly it all happened. i later spoke with a police officer of the situation and he said that really if i was hit by an unlawful act of a police officer i could have suid since he didnt have sirens or lights or anything and he blatently ran a red light endagering me and hitting me, but he also said that givin the situation i would have to have a lot of evidence of him being in the wrong as the court room will automatically view the cop innocent and me being some punk trying to get something. he said if the cruiser had onboard video then i would be set and could take him down. luckily i didnt get hit but it was close and i remember it cause it greatly angered me!

#7 ·
Attachment to cars sucks. the thing is... as SOON as you sit in your new car, it ALL washes away.

I'd call a lawyer instantly.
Not for a million bucks, but I'm sure you could get a new XWD out of the deal.

glad you're okay, though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.