SaabCentral Forums banner

Anti-fog for tinted windows??

6K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  mpetruzz 
#1 ·
So i have tinted windows and now that the temp has dropped up here in NY occassionally my windows get fogged up. I was looking at the Rain-X anti fog stuff, but that can't be used with tinted windows.

Does anyone know of something that I can use??

#4 ·
With 5 men in the car, the system may not keep up ... Also, something is not right:nono; .

Is the cabin filter clean, and that area ? and the drains, of course..

#5 ·
you should probably check your rear hatch area for dampness and/or water in the hatch area, under the carpet and in the spare tire area. Maybe you have the common rear hatch leak that might be contributing to the constant rear window fog. Doesn't the rear defog grid work?

#6 ·
I haven't checked the cabin air filer at this point and am planning on changing it. I wasn't sure if that would make a difference.

I did check the rear hatch for leaks and found that the sunroof drain was leaking. I did caulk that up and it is now dry back there. The fogging happened after I sealed the leak.

The rear defrost does work.

I'll do the air filter and see if that helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.