SaabCentral Forums banner

NG 900 Dahboard Removal Electrical

761 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  earthworm 
#1 · (Edited)
95 900 convert. In removal of dashboard, headlight switch disconnected easily, but foglight switches are resistant to disconnection. Are there some catches?
The switches pull off partly, but don't separate completely.
Ok, I found the answer-pull harder.

#4 · (Edited)
You can also get some help on Instrument cluster removal from the Tech Help section on this web site, (you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader).This article includes a drawing showing the locations of all the screws holding the dashboard in place. I recommend the DIN radio removal tool, available from Wal Mart for $3.95 rather than other means of removing the radio. The air vents should remain intact, but incase they don't, you can link from Tech Help to Munki's NG900 website for help to reassemble these.
You don't have to remove the steering wheel, but you will need to remove the two small covers over the steering column between the wheel and the dash.Two fasteners hold these in place, which you access by turning the steering wheel.

#5 ·
You guys are the best! This forum has been super informative for me. I'm probably one of few women who likes to work on their own car when they can. I need to replace some bulbs etc, and this will be so much more economical than the dealer.

Now if only I could fix the engine mount myself.

Thanks again for all you guys help!

#6 ·
Ladybug09 said:
You guys are the best! This forum has been super informative for me. I'm probably one of few women who likes to work on their own car when they can. I need to replace some bulbs etc, and this will be so much more economical than the dealer.This is good; I've worked with women who could out-work me...

Now if only I could fix the engine mount myself.

Thanks again for all you guys help!
Don't be thinking that you cannot do it... A woman can drive the big rigs and work in the prisons...This task involves simple mechanics and logic...a big hammer helps.:cheesy:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.