SaabCentral Forums banner

BRAKES ... rotors.

939 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  ParaMedic_Saab 
#1 ·
Im sorry for my pesky annoyance....

I keep hearing about replacing rotors.

I bought new pads and replaced them on old worn rotors...
bad idea, I know... Soo please inform me on what rotors to buy.

Should I get OEM , Drilled, Slotted, Drilled and Slotted...??

I need just a set for my front brakes....

What brand is good.... Id like to stay 250 and under.....

#3 ·
I just bought 4 rotors and a complete pad set for 197.00+ shipping. I found them on ebay. R1 concepts slotted and drilled rotors. Its been about two months and they seem to be much better than my stock rotors. Here is a $10 off coupon they gave me if your interested I will never use it.Please use the Promotion Code: DN22207 before 02/22/07 on our website and receive $10.00 off!

#4 ·

Zoom
EBC Front Left And Right Brake Disc - Ultimax - 11.3 Inch Diameter
1999-2007 Saab 9-3

EBC ULTIMAX BLACK DASH SERIES SLOTTED BRAKE DISC SET -- Made From Premium Quality Castings, CNC Precision Machined To Enhance Overall Brake Performance And Appearance, Features A Progressive Angled Narrow Multi-Slot Design To Reduce Noise, Maintain Parallel Pad Wear, And Uphold Resistance To Abrasion, Set Includes Left And Right Brake Discs, Anodized To Prevent Corrosion, 11.3 Inch Diameter, Also For This Application Try Ultimax Pads Part Number UD736

Fits: Front.
Series: Ultimax
Size: 11.3 Inch Diameter

SHOULD I go with these rotors or just get brembo stock replacements for 50 a pop??

#5 ·
Drilled and Slotted versus Oem rotors

I just got the brembos... am very satisfied.

If you're not racing (or road racing) you could never tell the difference in braking.

You would only notice if you heated them up as in many hard stops and riding the brakes such as in road racing.

Drilled and slotted rotors look good but actually give you no additional stopping power under normal road conditions... again the difference is that they will not heat up under more extreme use and thereefor provide continuos braking power under high heat situations.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.