SaabCentral Forums banner

Coolant Issue need help bad!

692 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  earthworm 
#1 ·
ok i have a 1995 saab 2.5 v6, it runs GREAT and now it decides to swallow A LOT of coolant but i see no, mixture in oil, performance is fine, runs just as it did before the wierd issue, has never overheated or shown any sign of a head gasket? can anyone help me out before i decide what i need to do?? or if someone has had this issue before? thanks

#2 ·
you may want to try posting in th NG900/9-3 forums....

round here, we are a little protective of what we call "classic900's" and get all defensive, our nervous ticks start to go, our heart rates increase, we start dropping spanners on our toes, and have even, on occaision, been known to do things to cute furry creatures in frustration at the thought of the NG and Classic 900's getting muddled..... ;)

anyway..... if there is no signs of mixing in the coolant/oil, and it runs fine, just check the coolant pipes for possible leaks (and core plugs too, if the V6 has them).....

i'd consider getting the coolant tested for hydrocarbons (i think thats them).... its a test to tell whether there is a head gasket failure that is, as yet, not showing any obvious signs

good luck
G

#4 · (Edited)
#5 ·
As with any car, the coolant hoses are good for 7 to 10 years, after that, one is on borrowed time.

The timing belt and tensioner should be as rugged.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.