SaabCentral Forums banner

Oil leak frome somehwere...

891 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  saabchilten 
#1 ·

Halp! :p I can't tell where it's coming from. Suggestions?

See less See more
#5 ·
saabchilten said:
so this is a common issue but not necessarily a big issue? a '99 i looked at was leaking from the same place, and that had me concerned.
Correct. Leaks from the valve cover gasket, the valve cover plug, the filler tube (o-ring seal), and the oil pressure switch, are all common, amount to very little oil, and look worse than they are.

They can be frustrating to fix though, and often come back after a couple years. Usually too small to cause any real harm.

Leaks from the rear engine seal (also common) and front engine seal (less common), are a bit worse, and more difficult to fix. The rear engine seal (about $10 part cost) should be replaced at the same time as the clutch, but sometimes people miss it.

#7 ·
PMI said:
Correct. Leaks from the valve cover gasket, the valve cover plug, the filler tube (o-ring seal), and the oil pressure switch, are all common, amount to very little oil, and look worse than they are.
glad to hear that. i'll keep it in mind if my mechanic finds that to be an issue. depends on whether or not the guy is actually present when we go to look at the car for the fourth time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.