SaabCentral Forums banner

What goes in this hole?

968 views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  wingnut 
#1 ·
Title says it all. Bought the car like this, something is clearly missing.

Also, my front windshield defroster does not work. Any ideas?

See less See more
#3 ·
I don't have a turbo. And I found the hose running to the throttle body, but the fitting that goes into the valve cover/cylinder head is missing. Can someone point me to a site I can buy it from?

#4 ·
Crankcase breather - A rubber bushing goes in the hole, a plastic Y-shaped "nipple" plugs into the bushing, two rubber hoses connect to the nipple. From there the routing is different on turbo and non-turbo cars. On the non-turbo, the hoses go to the throttle body. One above the throttle plate, one below. If the hoses are unconnected, oil mist spews out of the hole, and the intake has a serious vacuum leak.

Valve cover bushing #7515190
PCV nipple #9165903

#8 ·
I don't get how the previous owner managed to remove the vent hosing and never replace it. why remove it in the first place?

My fan selector knob seems to have the same symptoms as that....wish it was an easier fix lol.

Where does the vacuum hose on the crank vent nipple lead to?

Thanks for all the help.

#9 ·
They have a tendancy to dry rot and break apart. I would suggest you pull off the valve cover and make sure it hasn't broken apart and sitting there in pieces if you are mechanically inclined. (You need to replace the gasket if you take it apart).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.