SaabCentral Forums banner

Battery tender

921 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Eric in Lockport N.Y. 
#1 ·
This is my first time living in a cold environment (Chicago). My viigen is in a garage (not heated) and is driven all of about 100 miles a month now. Every weekend I try to drive her, and this last weekend I started her up and it took a few slow cranks to get her to fire. Pretty sure this is related to the cold and the battery since it was fine until ave temp is around 30. Is it best to run a battery tender in cold climates, or will this not do a thing?
Thanks

#5 ·
lms said:
This is my first time living in a cold environment (Chicago). My viigen is in a garage (not heated) and is driven all of about 100 miles a month now.
I've never heard of someone garaging their Saab in the winter, this has to be the first for me. I've known people who garage and stow their Corvette's, Viper's, Ferrari's, Lamborghini's, for obvious reasons, but a Saab? Come on, the car originated from the Scandinavian Peninsula, where there is snow!

Saab's perform amazing in the winter, why deprive the car of this?

#6 ·
Diosnoche said:
I've never heard of someone garaging their Saab in the winter, this has to be the first for me. I've known people who garage and stow their Corvette's, Viper's, Ferrari's, Lamborghini's, for obvious reasons, but a Saab? Come on, the car originated from the Scandinavian Peninsula, where there is snow!

Saab's perform amazing in the winter, why deprive the car of this?
Then you do know me because I garaged my viper as well.:) The car is not garaged in the sense of "putting it away for the winter" it's just not driven much is all (period). Company cars are great!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.