SaabCentral Forums banner

convertible top wont go back up

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  chockey134 
#1 ·
my saab 900 top is down and wont go up

#2 ·
what happened was the tonneau motor is broken but that usually hasnt been a problem i just lift it by hand, press the button, then shut the tonneau thing and im good.

Today when i tried to put it back up it got stuck half way.

i dont think the motors broken it seems as though one of the sensors(like the one where if you dont have the case for the top in the trunk open it wont work) has been tripped.

any suggestions please Its look as though it going to precipitate soon if there is a way to put it up by hand that would be helpful

#4 ·
im not sure, as i dont have the car's manual

but i was thinking that possibly the fuse could be blown. does anyone no if the fuse for the truck release button on the car and the convertible top are connected because now all of a sudden the trunk release button doesnt work.
the trunk can still be popped with the button on the key

#5 ·
the manual release is behind the rear seat on the

passenger side. Pulling it releases the tonneau motor plate away from the gears, allowing top to be raised manually.

Genuine Saab has some factory manuals on their website, it might help. Normally all the sensors and limit switches are read by a factory reader device, expensive little sucker too.

Good luck,

John
1997 900S 2.3 5 speed 147K miles

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.