SaabCentral Forums banner

Clockspring part revisions?

755 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  PMI 
#1 ·
Curious... I can see on thesaabsite the part # for my clockspring is 5331202 (MY2000, 9-3 SE). However, do I need to worry about versioning? I know the best way to make sure you get the right part is to take your existing part number... I don't currently have that luxury, though--too far away from the car.

#2 ·
You will have to deal only with the very best of parts departments..

Good luck... Too many parts Departments are staffed by Do-do birds...

Just give them the car's VIN..

Newer is not always better, some times a part or component happens upon the scene using a better design(economically)...saving both the manufacturer and the consumer money...

#3 ·
Any recommendations?

I like Jim Ellis Saab in Atlanta. I've only been twice to the local shop, Kelly Saab, and they've both waffled on the Saab club discount and changed my estimate quote between talking to them on the phone and showing up to pay at the dealer so they get a thumbs-down.

#4 ·
According to the EPC, there were two p/n revisions 1998-2002. This is the last one, and the others are discontinued. (obviously a part with a troubled history)

Article : Contact unit
PartNo : 5331202
Ch. Y2044837--
Ch. Y7016792--
Order Quantity : 1
The part has a similar history on the NG900, the 9000, and the 9-5, back to 1994, five more revisions with different part numbers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.