SaabCentral Forums banner

phone harness

805 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  saabchilten 
#1 ·
so i was reading through my old saab catalog again, wondering what i would want when i evantually get an ng900 or 9-3 when i found the phone harness for the radio again. i don't know that much about it, but if i remember correctly, doesn't it allow you to hear the phone through the stereo and use it hands free? i'm sure of that, but i wanted to know if maybe it could also be used to port through music from phones that play mp3s. i'm getting an lg chocolate to replace my old phone and ipod, so this certainly seems like a good way to play my mp3s and get hands-free operation at the same time. let me know if you think it works (or have this phone and setup and know it works). yea, no saab yet, but it's a relatively simple thing to take care of when i get one.

#2 ·
It will take a really on the stick outstanding Saab dealer to know these things.

Good luck if you find one...

The Chevy Lumina is a much cheaper than a Saab, that does not make it a POS.
I've owned several Chevrolets. They are not without problems, but I think they are good. The '66 was simply too large - a common affection with most American iron...I wish I still had the '32 and the '40 - these oldies were smaller and lighter than the '96 900S.

#3 ·
What the phone harness does depends on the year of the car. On the NG900 and early 9-3's, all it does is mute the radio and provide power for the phone's car kit. On later model 9-3's, is does allow you to use the car's speaker and microphone, but sometimes you have to disable OnStar to do that. Even on those models, the phone input is mono, unless you open the radio and do a little soldering. Search the BB for "9-3 phone input" or something like that and you'll find the posts about how it's done.

#6 ·
well at least i know about that now. i looked at other phones, but the only other phones from verizon are samsung (whicn none looked good) and moto (which is too slow, and everyone i know has one). i bashed my last lg phone to death, so hopefully the chocolate doesn't have any stupid problems like shutting off at random or the magically expanding battery!

and the lumina is crap. try driving one in the snow and tell me how you feel after you almost rear end multiple people from it downshifting too hard.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.