SaabCentral Forums banner

temp guage

620 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  TheGodSon93 
#1 ·
hey i have a problem with my temp guage pn the dash...

the problem is all the time i boost or go over a bump in the car it switches its self off (needle down below the 'L' mark) then after a while it pops back up.(i do need a new thermostate waiting for delivery of it).i am gathering that it has a loose wire around somewhere does anyone know the best place to look 1st ???

dan

#2 ·
The gauge transmitter is on the side of the engine, using two wires, these are run to the ICE unit and then one wire to the instruments.

The ICE is in very close proximity to the relays and fuses.
Another task for your multimeter....inside your heated garage, I hope.
But something is loose, either a connection or the internals of the ICE..
Check and clean all the connections, if this has not been done in the past 10 years...

#3 ·
The temperature gauge itself is controlled by the ICE module, under the instrument panel, as posted by EW above. The wiring there is fairly solid, and not so easy to get to.

The ICE module gets a signal from a temperature sensor on the driver (LH) side of the engine, close to the thermostat housing. The wire from the sensor goes through a fairly fragile connector on a small bracket on the corner of the engine. I think I would start there.

In this pic, the air pipe was removed for good access.

#4 ·
PMI said:
The temperature gauge itself is controlled by the ICE module, under the instrument panel, as posted by EW above. The wiring there is fairly solid, and not so easy to get to.

The ICE module gets a signal from a temperature sensor on the driver (LH) side of the engine, close to the thermostat housing. The wire from the sensor goes through a fairly fragile connector on a small bracket on the corner of the engine. I think I would start there.

In this pic, the air pipe was removed for good access.
can see any pic?????

i have had the ICE out as i put in a sony mp3 player last year i recon i know what is wrong now i think its the wire behind there...

will check it all. if possible can you repost the pic ??? ta

dan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.