SaabCentral Forums banner

Instrument cluster freaks out

754 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  cnskate 
#1 ·
I have a 94 NG900s with 140k. The instrument cluster been just somewhat randomly blanking out for a second or two for the last few months. Sometimes it happens when going over a small bump. Today it blanked out for a good five minutes untill I stopped and started the car again. Is this usually the symptom of a faulty instrument cluster or is it a bad relay or connection to the cluster somewhere? It seemed to happen more often after I moved the relay box above the clutch cable around to get to the clutch adjuster.

#2 ·
If the whole cluster goes dark intermittently, I woul suspect the ground connections. I think a couple of them are near the fuse box, on the side of the instrument panel. They may be covered by the same plastic trim piece as the relay tray. It wraps around the side and up over the fuse panel. I know I loosened one too many screws in that area at first... :cheesy:

#3 ·
I have seen a few of them lately where the connector was loose at the back of the cluster. The last one came out twice.. It wont fall out again. ;) We used some adhesive.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.