SaabCentral Forums banner

19 degrees and blower doesnt blow

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  KSpark 
#1 · (Edited)
hey all
ive been working on my heat problem have changed the acc ,fan controll switch now im going to replace the blower motor
ive looked into this for a bit and have read several differant books and sites
were is this blower motor my car is an 1995 900se turbo some i have read says its under the dash and others say under the wipers ive looked on the classi 900 forum and its a differant motor if this was my jeep id be done but !!!!
ive looked in back forum lists and cant seem to find this in a thred
no that i dont like drivin in the cold on my way to work it's 19 degrees here in newhampshire im going to start under the wiper and hope its there lol
thanks up front i should have started here first but
peace
ive also replaced the ACC module as well not much left to replace
day 2 i found the problem the plug going to the fan has melted it had some kinda resistor atached to it.
and the new motor didnt so i just cut the old plug off and added new conectors pluged it in and now it runs fine i have all the right speeds now heat again .
was this resistor real important?

See less See more
#2 ·
It is under the cabin filter. Wipers and some plastic parts have to come off first to get to the filter:

Cabin Filter

Don't assume it could only be the blower, read up on the ACC controller which is separate from the ACC computer module, and so on...

The ACC module is the part with the display in the dash. The blower control module is an electrical component with a short cable. p/n 5045158

See this thread for more:

http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/s...2099#post382099

#3 ·
Same problem, same year and model '95 900SE turbo

turbojet said:
hey all
ive been working on my heat problem have changed the acc ,fan controll switch now im going to replace the blower motor
ive looked into this for a bit and have read several differant books and sites
were is this blower motor my car is an 1995 900se turbo some i have read says its under the dash and others say under the wipers ive looked on the classi 900 forum and its a differant motor if this was my jeep id be done but !!!!
ive looked in back forum lists and cant seem to find this in a thred
no that i dont like drivin in the cold on my way to work it's 19 degrees here in newhampshire im going to start under the wiper and hope its there lol
thanks up front i should have started here first but
peace
ive also replaced the ACC module as well not much left to replace
HEY TURBOJET!
I have the same problem, no heater fan at all, but I've started first, by taking out the fan. (It IS under the wipers, and it's fairly easy to get at and remove, by the way) I bench tested the fan, and it works just fine, so now, I'm trying to diagnose what the heck else might be good for me to check out, next. I'm kinda confused to begin with, because some of the other forum entries here have mentioned the terms, ACC Fan Controller, Control Unit, Fan Control Module, Fan Speed Controller, and Fan Control Unit. I'm trying to figure out if these terms are all describing the same things, with the names being interchangable,or if they're different parts, altogether. So if you or anyone else could shed some light on this, and where each of them is located, that'd be a big help in itself. I'd obviously like to not dump a bunch of money on replacing parts one by one, until I find out what it really needs. I sympathize with you on if it was a jeep, ...you'd be all done fixin it already. I live up here in Cowhampshire, too, so, hello neighbor!:)

#4 ·
fan controller?

PMI said:
It is under the cabin filter. Wipers and some plastic parts have to come off first to get to the filter:

Cabin Filter

Don't assume it could only be the blower, read up on the ACC controller which is separate from the ACC computer module, and so on...

The ACC module is the part with the display in the dash. The blower control module is an electrical component with a short cable. p/n 5045158

Hello PMI..maybe you might be able to straighten me out on the terms, ACC Fan Controller, Control Unit, Fan Control Module, Fan Speed Controller, and Fan Control Unit, Blower Control Module....are these all the same things, being called different names? I see that you're a Saab Lunatic, so I guess that makes me a Saab Idiot, 'cause I don't know jack, about Saabs, it being my first. I've got the same model & year as Turbojet here wrote about, having the same scenario, no fan at all, although I've checked the fan/motor, and it's OK. Thought maybe you or someone could send me down the right road to diagnosing what to look for, and where. Thanks in advance for any advice.

#5 ·
PMI said:

Cabin Filter

That cable was corroded in mine and failed, so I just cut it open and connected the wires directly to the contacts. Too cold outside to wait for shipping...plus it's free.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.