SaabCentral Forums banner

my car got hurt

2K views 36 replies 14 participants last post by  goincb89 
#1 ·
ok i was driving when some d*ck stopped short infront of my n i narrowly missed him, then i got rear ended by some infiniti suv;oops:. the damage included the truck getting pushed in and the lid warped the bumers toast and the lights can just about fall out. my major concern is if the frame got damaged by the tow hook in the back. and i fear my car my be beyond repair, butit was too dark to get any pictures other than the two here

See less See more
#2 ·
ok so i go to the shop and they saab its major etc. they said it whould go onto a frame puller!!!!!:eek: i have heard of cars not ever driving the same after things like this has anyone done work like this to their car and felt any differnces afterwards?

#4 ·
bntroberts said:
It depends on where they have to adjust the uni-body. It is true that often times cars won't drive the same--correctly--afterward. Being the rear, you may be in luck. I'm not expert on this issue though.
Depending on the speeds, the damage may be not as bad as it appears.
I think what needs to be done is have a good body shop do a four point measurement using their very, very expensive equipment.
You may not be able to fine a good body shop, its hard enough to find a good dealer...
Good luck:cheesy:

A crying shame, as this could have been prevented.
1 proper driving
2 standardized bumper heights for ALL motor vehicles. Also, bring back the bumper...
In these two areas we are either stagnate or progressing backward.

#6 ·
ok the bodyshop i am prolly gonna decide on has some higher end cars at it, and i know they are a bit pricy i dont know that that is a good indication of quality tho:roll:

i also dont remember the head restraints moving foward,but it did feel as though my neck was cradled by it in a differnt position than i am used to

#8 ·
Sorry for your lose, but glad to hear you are ok....I know we are all maniacs about our cars, but at the end of the day they are just that. Cars. I was rear ended about a month ago and my car stood up like a champ. I hope you will have it back on the road ASAP....but if not, just get another 900 and enjoy. We drive SAABS because they are great cars, but ulimately, theres nothing else Id rather be in during a crash than my SAAB....

Hope it works out for you....

D

#9 ·
i must igree i did feel safe, although my friend in the sassanger seat was not wearing his seatbelt:nono; at thought as he swung foward the airbag was gonna go off in his face (i think they only go off in front and side impacts at certain speeds?)

#12 ·
goincb89 said:
ok i was driving when some d*ck stopped short infront of my n i narrowly missed him, then i got rear ended by some infiniti suv;oops:.
was it one of those infinitis that's the size of a house? one was tailgating me yesterday and i still can't comprehend why someone in something so heavy with almost no stopping power at all would tailgate. they all annoy me. :evil:

#13 ·
over on rt 18 in east brunswick, n yea i got hit be a "infiniti house" that only got bumper sratches:evil: driven by a college student which im preety sure he was studying as he said he had a big exam he was goin to(he had a whole bunch of study material in the passenger seat)

#15 ·
It looks a lot worse than it is. Don't worry, she'll be back as new :cheesy:

It sustained some lighr damage to the unibody structure, You'll need a bumper, tail light filler panel, emblems and a tailgate.

Keep the lights and the spoiler as well as the motor wiper and 3rd brake light from the damaged trunk.

I'd buy your 2 trunk lights. PM me once you get the car back and the spare parts :cheesy:

#16 · (Edited)
that a good idea free parts:cheesy:! although wouldnt the insurance company/auto body get angry at me somehow i dont think you are allowed to scavage parts off my car after a accident? his insurance company has not looked at it yet so maybe im in luck?(they fell off in the accident:cool: )

#17 ·
ive been in 2 front end accidents where the frame was bent in my 2000 camry and one rear end one...every time the car went in the frame puller and has to be straighted...every time the car came out...it drove just the way it did before it went in...mabye i was the lucky one...but if you go to a good body shop and they know what they are doing...your car will come out just fine....are you going thru insurance....???

#22 ·
goincb89 said:
that a good idea free parts:cheesy:! although wouldnt the insurance company/auto body get angry at me somehow i dont think you are allowed to scavage parts off my car after a accident? his insurance company has not looked at it yet so maybe im in luck?(they fell off in the accident:cool: )
Hahaha, No they don't keep anything. The trunk lid will be taken off the car and thrown in the garbage as is, with the part on it. Those parts will be on the replacement used trunk they'll install (unless they put a brand new trunk but I doubt they'd do that).

I meant after the car is fixed pickup those parts they're money in you pockets. I want the 2 lights. Your choice :cheesy:

#23 ·
Tweek's Turbos said:
Infiniti Qx56, Nissan Armada/Titans, all have a huge front brake issue. Let me know if you can get the Vin number of the offending vehicle.
i dont have the vin on hand but the plate number, just qurious what do u want with the vin?

hkayssi said:
i meant after the car is fixed pickup those parts they're money in you pockets. I want the 2 lights. Your choice :cheesy:
yeah i plan i trying to get every single part back n if i do ill let u kno, glad to help a brother out you feel me:cheesy:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.