Saab - is this the beginning of the end? - from 4car.co.uk [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Saab - is this the beginning of the end? - from 4car.co.uk

heavy_t
13th June 2003, 01:35 PM
Interesting article.....

http://www.channel4.com/apps26/4car/jsp/main.jsp?lnk=220&storyid=2332

Any thoughts?

Tom

garry
13th June 2003, 07:13 PM
I agree with it all. very factual. GM seem to have no idea that they own one of the worlds most prestegious car firms.

It would be disgusting to see a top of the range opel/vauxhall model branded as eg... the Astra/(saab)

In europe Saab was always seen as one of the TOP 3! luxury car makers prior to the 90's

Cost cutting does not sell Merc's and BMW's, quality and attention to design detail does.

Too much farting arround on both sides without any clear goals.

ie. what is saabs motto anyway? ...... what is GM's ?

I rest my case.

deniss
15th June 2003, 10:11 PM
why cant corporate brass in US understand that cost cutting will only drive the consumers away to the germans and other euro makers???

CleveSaab
15th June 2003, 11:58 PM
I'm still holding out faith in GM. The 03 9-3's rock, and the 04 convertible is going to really put them over the top.
/crosses fingers/
Come on, GM, don't blow this...
Not to mention the 9-5 is a damn fine automobile.
And, honestly, the 9-3's when GM took over 100%, IMO, are incredible pieces' of machinery.
I'm sad to see last year's 9-3 go. I do like the 03's but I like the 99-02's better.

900t
26th July 2003, 10:27 PM
Yeah, where's the 9-3 Sports Coupe?

A 4-door with trunk ONLY? I like the hatch (and so do most Saab enthusiasts). I understand most don't, and believe Saab should have made both hatch and notchback versions of the 9-3. (kinda like with the 9000)

A notchback coupe would be a very easy product, since all the parts are already on the 2004 convertible, put a hard roof and sell it a little more than the sedan.

But now if I want a Saab I need to get a conv't! I wanna see this Sonnet IV though.