checking for fuel [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: checking for fuel

sp53
27th November 2007, 11:34 AM
When checking for fuel on a 93 9000 what is the easiest place to open the fuel injection system? I am an old school wrench turner and have never worked on fuel injection before. Do the injectors just pull up and out? I noticed the two fuel lines coming up where one is a return and the other pressure, and it looked like on the far end off that system, I could undo it or would it be better to unplug somewhere else.

Steve

yaofeng
28th November 2007, 05:58 AM
Use a 17 mm socket to loosen the banjo bolt at the end of the fuel rail. Gasoline should start to seep out.

sp53
28th November 2007, 10:59 AM
Hi yaofeng and thanks for your note. The first time I undid the banjo bolt there was some fuel visible, but I could not get it too pump out of the hole, nor could I create any pressure there when I ran the pump, but where the line goes into the regulator there was plenty of pressure. The problem is really starting to like the regulator. They cost 90.00 here in the Seattle area, so I want to be kinda sure, so please forgive my over analyzing.

Steve

yaofeng
28th November 2007, 12:42 PM
I've got a few FPR's in my garage from 9k engines I swapped. Too bad I am now overseas. I won't be back home until Dec. 18. I can sell you one very cheap if I am at home.

Scour the junkyard. I know my BMW's use the same FPR. Likely many other European cars do too.

sp53
28th November 2007, 12:59 PM
Thanks yaofeng and thanks for your support . Are you in Iraq? I m curious, have you ever had a regulator actually stop the flow of fuel to the fuel rail or can the regulator slow the fuel down so much it would not come out when the pump is running if the 17mm bolt is removed.

Steve