Swap a base T7 for an aero T7 [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Swap a base T7 for an aero T7

bigal8627
11th June 2003, 07:34 PM
i was wondering if i wanted to swap my old t7 with an aero t7
will it work smoothly or will i have to readjust and change various things i know i wont get the 250 hp lke the real aero but i will give me more juice than what i already have.
Thanks
Al

murphwiz
12th June 2003, 01:54 PM
No its not a direct replacement... far more than just software between aero and lpt..
Putting an aero ecu in will be nothing but hassle!
Go for an lpt upgraded ecu instead... its designed to work with the hardware!

bigal8627
12th June 2003, 08:49 PM
ok ill keep away thanks

Bails
30th June 2004, 02:10 AM
ok ill keep away thanks

I have put Aero ECu in my 98 LPT and the results are great !Only problem is I do not have the duel O2 sensors in my nodel, 9.5 after 2001 should be no problem running the AERO ECU

frostgrey
30th June 2004, 05:48 PM
I have also but -01 Aero ECU in my -00 2.3lpt and that work great. :D :D

bigal8627
1st July 2004, 07:47 PM
Hi i work for saab and i am not afarid to mess around with my car i was going to put a 9-5 areo t7 in but i had to reprogram it to my car with T.I.S and reset up my imobilizer but when i was going to reprogram it it had my old vin number in i thought if it reprogrammed the areo t7 with my regular t7 vin it would change it to a regular t7 also becuase if the vin in the T.I.S program so i left it alone. i have 2 extra t7's 1 from and aero and one from a 9-3
Any info would help Thanks

Bails
2nd July 2004, 06:10 PM
I have also but -01 Aero ECU in my -00 2.3lpt and that work great. :D :D
I purchased a New Areo ECU from Saab Cost $900.00 Aus Dollars Approx $540.00 US Dollars. This as by far the cheapest Horse Power Gains for Me in Austrakia as Abott stuff is more than 3 Times. Now All I did was Take old out,at dealer, put new in. You are right the ECU must be matched to the Vin alarm etc, but the software programme doesn't change. I am currently having trouble in that my model only had One O2 sensor, the ECU is a 2000 Areo and requires two, so I have check engine light. I am told the rear O2 sensor is only used to alert when the front Catalytic converter isn't working, however I'm still to find the exact details, never the less the car runs very good.
Abbott have a front down pipe replacement that takes out the front Catalytic converter , they say that the ECU is fine with this out, so my fix will be to put new 2.5." exhaust with second O2. I then hope to put bigger Turbo.

bigal8627
2nd July 2004, 07:13 PM
Well im gonna try to put that aero t7 in and swap it hopefully i wont have any problems any input on this subject is appreciated thanks guys.

P.S i work for saab any one has any questions feel free to ask no matter how crazy ! :o

bigal8627
2nd July 2004, 07:17 PM
well i was thinkn i have the program to look up wiring diagrams and find out about all of your o2 sensor problems.
gimmie a couple of days maybe i can get you the wiring to ad an o2 sensor after the cat and hook it up to the t7 ill keep you guys posted

Bails
2nd July 2004, 08:58 PM
well i was thinkn i have the program to look up wiring diagrams and find out about all of your o2 sensor problems.
gimmie a couple of days maybe i can get you the wiring to ad an o2 sensor after the cat and hook it up to the t7 ill keep you guys posted

Thanks again ! You 'll enjoy the power increase ! I have 98 9.5 manual, Bilsteins, and the Lowered Springs From Germany ?? First thing I did when I purchased the car five years ago. I figure it is worth nothing now so I'll play with the motor now as I still enjoy the drive.

XAAMOTTOMAAX
10th July 2004, 01:29 PM
You are right the ECU must be matched to the Vin alarm etc, but the software programme doesn't change.

What problems might one face with the alarm, etc?

bigal8627
10th July 2004, 02:21 PM
none id figure once you programmed the immobiliser

dip
10th July 2004, 03:12 PM
bigal8627, do you have to change the VIN in DICE/TWICE to match the ECU, or do you change it in the ECU? I thought you can't change a VIN in the Trionic unit, and the only way is to update the TWICE et al to match the VIN in the ECU. In this case, however, the VIN would be different from the car's, which really isn't much of a problem. However, it might raise some questions if you decide to sell the car.

bigal8627
10th July 2004, 03:37 PM
im pretty sure when you reprogram, the tech 2 asks the car for the vin so all the vins match up after reprogramming as for findig out for selling i doubt anybodys gonna check that far