ITG airfilter elements [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: ITG airfilter elements

Rob Sandey
11-06-03, 03:23 PM
Hs anyone bought the above, and want to share their experience. I would like a less restrictive airfilter but would prefer to keep the standard air box. I don't want to loose any low down torque, or is that only an issue for N/A's.

Jeremy R.
11-06-03, 11:09 PM
The only guy I know with one of those is REM in Seattle over on Saabnet. He paid a lot of money for it, and I'm not so sure it's much better than a K&N or JR filter, both of which are about half the price.

Abbott 900
12-06-03, 03:57 AM
I've got an ITG air filter that fits in the standard airbox. Abbott put it in when I went up for my service about a year ago.

If anything it made the engine pick up a lot better. You just have to remember to buy the oils to clean them regularly.

Rob Sandey
12-06-03, 04:02 PM
Thanks for the info I have just ordered a JR one. 8)

Rob Sandey
17-06-03, 02:43 PM
I fitted the JR filter today, I'm pleased with the result. Not an earth shattering improvement but an improvement nonetheless. My NG was feeling a little breathless and hesitent on full boost now that has gone. It also feels sharper on the throttle.
How often do you think I should clean the filter, I was thinking every 3K miles when I change the oil.

Plug for Partsforsaabs (http://www.partsforsaabs.com)quick fuss free delivery, I will use them again.

bitwiz
17-06-03, 04:07 PM
Don't bother cleaning the filter every 3,000 miles.
How often are we supposed to change stock filter? That's at least the mileage you can get out of your new filter before having to clean it. You can probably go longer.
I use K&N filters and K&N recommends cleaning every 50,000 miles (yup, 50). I clean them more often than that, but still only every year or two...

Rob Sandey
17-06-03, 04:31 PM
I only do about 6000 a year so I guess an annual cleaning would be fine just to get the cobwebbs off :cheesy: