Body Kits for 9000's [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Body Kits for 9000's

97 Aero
10th June 2003, 01:32 PM
I know no one on the saabnet forum has found one of these nor have I, but I am wondering if anyone here has ever found a body kit for a 9000 from the years of 94-98????
I have seen pictures of 9000's in this year range with them on but never seen a site listing them for sale..
Any help would be appreciated....

2fast2furious
26th July 2003, 08:14 PM
you said that youve seen the 9000's w/ body kits, do you have any links or pictures of them?

Jason_9000CD23T
27th July 2003, 01:40 PM
Other than the Aero bodykit I don't know of any. I assume you mean something "more" than the Aero kit, which is very subtle TBH. The only other bodykits I've seen have been custom/bespoke kits, most of which I've not been too keen on and I don't think there are any aftermarket kits available.

28th July 2003, 12:13 PM
I found one

http://www.wickedbodies.net/generic.html?pid=247

Rhich
20th August 2003, 10:48 AM
That link is to pictures removed from Eerubuni's site (not sure of the spelling)
I have seen that kit and have the actual rear deck wing in that picture.
It's an "OK" kit but does not justice to the factory Saab Airflow kits that used to be available right from the dealer. The Saab Airflow kits are no longer available but you could (last time I checked) still buy the panels individually from Saab.
Maybe place a wanted add and find a used kit?
There are still people that even have new complete kits for sale for a fairly good price.
I paid $1000US for my used kit but have seen them for less then $500US
These kits are listed for the 5 door (hatch model) and the CD (trunk model) but I adapted a 5 door kit to a CD model with very little effort.
Good Luck.

styx
26th August 2003, 06:17 AM
http://www.jms.cit.se/index.asp?spoiler=saab&prod=ett&cat=spoiler&paket=9000&typ=1

Quite cheap as well, around $900. They also have a body kit for the classic 900, which I've had a hard time finding (yay, Wicked Bodies has it as well).

Elmo91
23rd September 2003, 07:52 PM
Rhich,

Do you have any pics of the factory kit? I like something a little more understated, which the saab kit probably is.

Thanks

Rhich
23rd September 2003, 10:40 PM
This is a picture of the "parts" from a 9000 Airflow kit.

BurnsSide42
23rd September 2003, 11:23 PM
*sighs.....* yeah..it does look good, but it'll hafta be on the next car * :cry: *

zingZACH
3rd October 2003, 03:13 AM
LOL.... I saw this ricer body kit a couple weeks ago.. If you ever consider this.. go get a honda instead.. lol, sorry... i hate those types of cars. here is a pic of it... I hate it, but hey... whatever floats your boat.
http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/files/ricer9000.jpg

ezlay
3rd October 2003, 01:51 PM
thats gross.

greenphotos
4th October 2003, 09:42 AM
More pics and views on this car:
http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=18399

And a video of it round a track:
http://195.237.18.37/syyskokous/Saappi.wmv

PS. DO NOT EVER DO THIS TO A SAAB...

thanks

Mark
:cheesy:

Rhich
4th October 2003, 09:46 AM
I think I have made comment about this “body kit” somewhere else too…
The way this person did his car is his/her way of “self expression” From what I understand this cars body panels were hand made which in my case being a body man I would have to give that person a lot of credit for the hard work, time and effort put into the car… sure it’s not exactly what I would want to drive around but before you call some ones car “ricey” look at it this way…… can you do that kind of work?

Rhich
4th October 2003, 09:53 AM
Now this poor example of a 9000 would be something I would expect comments made about….
This is just “sick”
It was featured on E-bay awhile ago and someone actually bought it…(god I hope for parts only)

Simon
4th October 2003, 09:58 AM
If the first one was minus the wing and the second minus the bonnet scoop and both painted a sensible colour, then both would probably look o.k.

BurnsSide42
4th October 2003, 06:16 PM
Now this poor example of a 9000 would be something I would expect comments made about….
This is just “sick”
It was featured on E-bay awhile ago and someone actually bought it…(god I hope for parts only)

Looking at that makes me wanna cry. There is no reason at all for ruining those rims, the hood and the overall car! The first one was an easy fix nd tollerable cept the park bench on the trunk/boot, but that "red" one makes me sick.

Sparxhawk
4th October 2003, 11:39 PM
In my opinion the first one, if you kill the wing, fill the hole in the rear in, make the front holes smaller, maybe fill with a mesh of some sort, and bring it up so you dont loose it in the first pothole you hit, it wouldnt look too bad. The second one, well, it looks like someone tried to make some red spray paint last a little too long. And the hood, lights, turn signals, are probably the ugliest one's I have ever seen. somebody please put that car out of its misery.

zingZACH
5th October 2003, 06:18 PM
The picture i posted ..... That thing needs to lose the ricer tailpipes.... the wing/parkbench needs to be taken off... and the ricer stickers along the side need removing.... especially that long blue decal... or whatever it is....

http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/files/ricer9000.jpg

zingZACH
5th October 2003, 06:26 PM
Oh..... and the wing is a Wings West wing not "homemade" .... I respect the fact that he made the body kit by hand.... but i still hate his taste :wink: :lol:

valbowski1980
13th December 2003, 08:34 PM
I look at it this way, why ruin a good looking car. In my opinion that is exactly what these body kits often do. Saab 9000 is a beautifully styled so don't ruin those Italian lines.

Malaise
14th December 2003, 12:59 AM
Anybody know what car that video of that ridiculous 9000 was taken from, it seems to handle it quite easily. Is it another saab?

Grentarc
14th December 2003, 06:34 AM
I read somewhere that it was a viggen that had the camera with it