More Mysterious Clunks and Creaks [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: More Mysterious Clunks and Creaks

bntroberts
03-09-07, 10:28 PM
OK, so staying with my 9-3's true fashion, I've noticed another strange noise, this time from the front passenger side of the car. It sounds kind of like a creaking noise around the tire. I've jacked it up and looked for usuall suspects (i.e. balljoint and tie rod)--I've also played around a bit with the struts and found nothing. It makes the noise at three different times I've noticed: some bumbs (but not all), when I lightly apply the brakes, and when the turn the wheels in either direction while moving slowly (e.g. 10-15 mph).

I know this is obscure and hard to pin point without physcially being near the car. But I'm wondering if anyone has had this problem before and has any advice on where I should go from here.

Thanks

Mr. Lahey
04-09-07, 10:26 AM
I have the same issue you seem to be having. I've recieved some help regarding this problem but have not began to tackle it yet.

You can check this post to find some answers and useful information:
http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108697

StormCrow
04-09-07, 12:17 PM
Mine did the same after I put the Koni/Eibach combo on.

I initially thought it was just the whole lot bedding in, but it wasn't.

Have replaced (on the passenger side UK, driver side US):

Top mount
Spring support (small metal band that sits under the spring to hold it in place)
Bushes (all poly anyway now)

I think the spring support was the most effective, now the driver side is making a creaking noise on bumps etc as well - time to break out the spring compressors again I guess!