Best MOD(S) for least amount of CASH..........? [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Best MOD(S) for least amount of CASH..........?

Swedishdynamics3
26th May 2003, 07:09 PM
As the title states. I was thinking clear side markers but then I saw the price and then compared it to a CAI (cold air intake) and I was shocked. Forget the Clear side markers, how much hp do they give you? 0. Cold air hp gain = ? 10 at most. Remember my car is N/A so anything for speed will help and acceleration.

Swedishdynamics3
31st May 2003, 01:17 AM
Someone has to know. Just tell me some damn easy things I should do, I don't care. Money saving is one of my goals but not the biggest one, I just want better acceleration. TELL ME PLEASE!

valbowski1980
19th June 2003, 11:26 PM
My guess as well as my plan for the near future is a K&N air filter "E-9060". I've heard that it boosts power as well as echonomy and sounds badass. For under 50 bucks it looks like a good deal to me considering the fact that I want to keep my 9000 as factory as possible and this is just a replacement.

BillJ
20th June 2003, 04:58 AM
Assuming the airbox is the same as the turbo model (which it must be if the E-9060 fits it), remove the "snorkel" from the airbox. This is rather restrictive and is designed to help silence the intake, so if you want a bit of noise, this will help too. Personally, I wouldn't bother with the K&N filter. The standard paper filter flows well enough to support 300hp on a turbo engine, so should be quite adequate for the non-turbo. I have the K&N on my 300hp Aero and really can't tell the difference. I'm just about to replace it with a paper one again because I know it will filter effectively. I've never been 100% confident of the K&N's filtering performance.

I know someone who had good results from fitting a rising-rate fuel pressure regulator to a 2.0 non-turbo.

By the way, the 9000's intake is a cold-air intake.

Swedishdynamics3
25th June 2003, 11:12 PM
yea......I'm talking NON TURBO - my dad was to stupid at the time and forgot to get a turbo.

TheRedRocket
26th June 2003, 02:20 AM
yea......I'm talking NON TURBO - my dad was to stupid at the time and forgot to get a turbo.

does that mean you have the same engine as my C900S coupé?