9000 check engine, where is port to run codes? [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: 9000 check engine, where is port to run codes?

Saab_9000_Turbo
13-08-07, 02:05 PM
My car has been throwing me a check engine light on and off, I thought it was bad gas the first time and its been on and back off several more times.
Does any one know where the port is to run the coads? I have a 1995 saab 9000 CSE turbo. Thanks.
~Alicia

SaabKen
13-08-07, 02:36 PM
The Tech-II port is under the front passenger's seat, hidden under a movable flap of carpeting. If you look under the front of the seat bottom cushion, you'll see that piece of carpet flap.

The port looks like a very large printer parallel port. That's where you can plug in the Tech-II (or ISAT) diagnostic computer and extract the error CODES.

Could be a bad oxygen sensor.

Any drivability/performance issues ?

Saab_9000_Turbo
13-08-07, 10:58 PM
It sputtered and then stalled the first time, since the first check engine light it hasnt stalled, but in many cases it feels like it wants to, mostly when im slowing to a stop. It drives fine other then that, it seems it may be slower, but that also may be me getting used to the car or being paranoid. :roll:
Thanks
~Alicia

P.S. I havent ran the CODEs yet b/c I dont have the right tool for it. Hopefuly I will be borrowing someones.

Thirsty9000
14-08-07, 12:36 AM
If you reset the codes and it comes back consistently on deceleration/engine braking I'd think O2 sensor.

SaabKen
14-08-07, 11:49 AM
Could also be the electronic throttle body, which amongst other functions, it controls the idle speed.

OR you could have a leak somewhere in your vacuum lines.

Take it to a good local Saab independent shop (who has Tech-II) for a diagnosis. Doesn't sound serious though, I'm sure the fix is fairly straightforward. Good luck.

It sputtered and then stalled the first time, since the first check engine light it hasnt stalled, but in many cases it feels like it wants to, mostly when im slowing to a stop. It drives fine other then that, it seems it may be slower, but that also may be me getting used to the car or being paranoid. :roll:
Thanks
~Alicia

P.S. I havent ran the CODEs yet b/c I dont have the right tool for it. Hopefuly I will be borrowing someones.

Marrk
14-08-07, 12:08 PM
When you put the ignition on, how many flashes does the check engine do?

Then check fault in the FAQ section.

Saab_9000_Turbo
14-08-07, 12:56 PM
it does it one long flash and 3 little flashs

Marrk
14-08-07, 01:05 PM
trionic 5 flash codes

2 Flashes - MAP sensor
3 flashes - Intake air temperature sensor
4 flashes - Coolant temperature sensor
5 flashes - Throttle position sensor
6 flashes - Oxygen sensor (lambda probe)
7 flashes - Fuel / air mixture
8 flashes - EVAP valve
9 flashes - faulty ecu

3 flashes then its a faulty intake air temp sensor. HTH

Saab_9000_Turbo
14-08-07, 01:09 PM
Alright, Ill try that and see what happens, thanks to everyone! Ill bookmark this so I can look back. :)
~Alicia

norryboy
25-03-09, 09:35 PM
Alright, Ill try that and see what happens, thanks to everyone! Ill bookmark this so I can look back. :)
~Alicia
But, what happens when the light will go off with out any apparent reason. I have to reset it with the ODB thing. But it inevitably come back on. The O2 is about 40K old and I tried changing plugs and 2 coil packs. It still will eventually come back on. Ran a obd scan in the noncontinuous test monitor system mode 06 and it came up $03 failure in component $04. But, I don't know what that is. Any ideas?