blow-off valve and offsets? [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: blow-off valve and offsets?

snabben
23rd May 2003, 06:16 PM
Hey everyone. I have a question for any of you who know much about aftermarket Saab products. Is there a company out there that makes a blow-off valve (or sometimes called air diverter, either one) for the new 9-3 Vector? I'm interested in getting one but am having troubles locating one. This is my first Saab (I love it so far, no problems yet as of 1,200 miles) so I am not too familiar with there aftermarket following. I converted from a 328i 5-speed to the Vector 6-speed.

Also, what are the offsets for the wheels, maybe 10mm, not sure though. Where would I look for that also, Tire Rack is a joke. I like the Rondell R58 (13mm) but I think they are mostly BMW exclusive.

Thanks for the help in advance, and keep posting away!

oslowley
23rd May 2003, 06:52 PM
you did the same thing as me I went from a 330ci step to the vector. Nothing is available yet. I put on the saab sport exhaust, because I really didn't like the oval look, and am on backorder for the drop in filter. I tried like crazy to find wheels and the only ones were the azev type ps (600) and the speedline corso 2210 (which you can only get through abbott for $625 each plus about 200 for shipping). I didn't want to spend so much so I opted for the racing hart c5 in 19 x 7.5 . The offset is a little weird my tyre guy told me a 35mm plus it has a weird lug pattern 5 x 110.

Jet 9-3
23rd May 2003, 09:28 PM
you did the same thing as me I went from a 330ci step to the vector. Nothing is available yet. I put on the saab sport exhaust, because I really didn't like the oval look, and am on backorder for the drop in filter. I tried like crazy to find wheels and the only ones were the azev type ps (600) and the speedline corso 2210 (which you can only get through abbott for $625 each plus about 200 for shipping). I didn't want to spend so much so I opted for the racing hart c5 in 19 x 7.5 . The offset is a little weird my tyre guy told me a 35mm plus it has a weird lug pattern 5 x 110.

Do 19 in wheels do anything to the waranty? I thought I saw in the manual that they say to not exceed 18"

snabben
24th May 2003, 01:43 PM

Nice to hear from a converted 3-series owner. I too do not like the look of the oval exhaust and ordered the sport exhaust from the catalog. I had them install it during my 30-day check-up, but after they tried and after them calling Saab tech-help and myself talking with Saab tech-help North America (whatever they call themselves) they came to the conclusion that the sport exhaust is for the Arc and Linear and was designed when those cars were released. The Vector already has the sport exhaust, if you look under the car, the only thing you essentially would be replacing is the tips (from oval to dual). The exhaust on these are a single piece from the headers back, not like BMW where it's a 3-piece exhaust system. What they (Saab techs) said the best thing to do and what they do on 9-5 rally cars is to cut that silencer (or resonator or whatever they call it) that is underneath the front seat portion of the car and is about 2 feet long and replace it with a straight pipe. That will open up more exhaust flow, create more of an aggressive tone, and also increase horsepower. Compared with sport exhaust on the new 3-series or any other car for that fact, the Saab's "standard" sport exhaust on the Vector is pretty beefy to start with.

This is a good, cheap "alternative" to actually getting a $600 muffler and paying $150-$200 in install for something that could be accomplished in a lesser expensive way.

Also, thanks for the offsets and wheel info. I hope more of a selection becomes available in the future.