Does my 99 viggen have a turbo silencer? [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Does my 99 viggen have a turbo silencer?

ViggenNY
8th July 2007, 03:20 PM
If so how can i remove it? and is there any risk involved??? thanks

Sap
8th July 2007, 05:19 PM
Since viggens come stock with the crossflow intercooler and assosiated piping there is no "turbo silencer".

Thou since i've had my car running again i've also wanted a little more sound from the turbo.. An open air intake might solve this problem but first in line are the usual peices in the VRK.

ViggenNY
8th July 2007, 09:50 PM
OK thanks for the info.

Rogozhin
9th July 2007, 02:38 AM
Do you want your Viggen to make more sound?

Rogo

ViggenNY
9th July 2007, 07:06 AM
Yeah i did if it was just a matter of removing a silencer.

pade900
9th July 2007, 08:25 AM
If you still have the intake resonator in place you can remove that for slightly better breathing and maybe somewhat increased intake sounds.

It is number 1. in the picture below. Number 3,4 and 5 is the filter box all together.
http://www.stcf.net/intake/index_files/image004.jpg

Sap
9th July 2007, 05:24 PM
so i thought i would remove part 1 while doing to air filter today...but all i managed to do was the filter...whats the best approach for removing the intake resonator? There seem to be atleast 2 botls on the inside i can't get too..

pade900
10th July 2007, 02:28 AM
so i thought i would remove part 1 while doing to air filter today...but all i managed to do was the filter...whats the best approach for removing the intake resonator? There seem to be atleast 2 botls on the inside i can't get too..

There is at least one bolt that is in a really tricky place and you'll be cursing the whole box before you have it out :P
But the best thing is if you can jack the car up and work from underneath, this way you might even be able to see this tricky screw. It's a PITA but doable :)

9-3sleeper
10th July 2007, 08:29 PM
Take off your headlightand side light, there are four torx skrews that hold them on, one is shared between the two, after that it's pretty easy to get the intkade box out, I only remember having to remove one skrew, and then having to slide the box back to dis-engage this little tab that was also holding it on, then just pull the plastic mouth on the very end of the intake from the side wall (above the wheel well) and then pull the rest of the stuff right out.