Brake disc upgrade [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Brake disc upgrade

scotw001
27th June 2007, 03:32 PM
My standard front brake discs are at the end of their life, one has warped slightly. I have an automatic so use the brakes a lot. Been looking at drilled, vented, grooved etc. Want to stick with the same size so as not to spend a million pounds on calipers etc. Just got some new 18 inch alloys, so want to do the right thing whilst not changing pads every 2 minutes. There are a lot of options.... What discs and pads give good performance whilst not spending too much money?

Been looking at the Black diamond discs with predator pads...?

Advice is warmly welcomed...

Thanks, Scott.

Kermit
27th June 2007, 07:53 PM
Aero or standard lpt Scott?

scotw001
27th June 2007, 07:57 PM
i have around 300bhp after 2 pocket emptying trips to abbots. Its an auto and I have a wobble on the front driver side when hard braking. Been looking at the upgrades to bigger discs. http://www.partsforsaabs.com/default.php?cPath=52_527 . The diamond looks tempting, but i dont know the implications of going bigger. Is this the right thing to do? Cheers.

Kermit
27th June 2007, 08:06 PM
They are all good kits you linked to.....if i had to make a choice i would go the Black Diamond route with Predator pads. Just to throw a spanner in the works though, you could go the Mintex route and get the Goodridge stainless lines as well for similar money.

scotw001
27th June 2007, 08:12 PM
Yes but do I need the full kit or just go for the standard size disks and pads and save about 150. Will the difference be necessary? I have just forked out for wheels and pilot2 tyres which arrive next week. Not complaining just a bit skint!:cry: