Something that you don't see every day [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Something that you don't see every day

hot_wire
26th June 2007, 04:58 PM
What is unusual about this picture?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v173/hot_wire/DSC00940.jpg

Hoosiers on a Saab?! What's the world coming to!

84Saab900TURBO
26th June 2007, 05:09 PM
I've never even heard of that brand before, I just saw the gangster writing on them and cringed:o.

Saabrunner05
26th June 2007, 05:17 PM
thats awesome. a def must for the saab driver!!! lol.:cheesy:

NickTaliaferro
26th June 2007, 05:25 PM
Those are pretty big make sure they don't rub hard on the strut.

Should be a fun event :)

SwedeSpeed95
26th June 2007, 05:34 PM
Them thar must be fancy racing tires, judging by the complete lack of tread.

Have fun... ;-)

hot_wire
26th June 2007, 06:03 PM
I've never even heard of that brand before, I just saw the gangster writing on them and cringed:o.

hahaha these aren't gangster thuggin tires. They're Hoosier Racing Slicks -- R3 if I remember right. Very soft compound to enable my autocross addiction.

The best part is that I payed $100 for the tires (still have 80% tread), $20 for mounting, and got the rims for free!

Nick, 225's won't rub, will they?! :o Also, thanks for all of the parts that I've ordered from you...

Tboy
26th June 2007, 09:55 PM
Very cool indeed. But why? Are you going to run it in the quarter, or is it just for S and G's?

Neato!

To the dude who never heard of hoosiers..... You need to get away from your saab a bit more, get down to the track!

Tboy

hot_wire
26th June 2007, 10:07 PM
Noooo Tboy. No quarter mile delusions here. hahaha

These are racing slicks (think go cart tires) not drag radials.

It's all about the autocross. My class winners usually beat me by about 3 seconds, but they all run slicks. Hopefully, these Hoosiers can enable quicker corners and give me a spot on the podium :cheesy:

Also, just took a hotlap of the neighborhood. Wow, the grip is insane even cold. The thing with slicks is that they fling rocks like nobody's business. Guess I'll be taping fenders.

Oh, and Nick -- I can turn from full lock to full lock with no scuffing. 225's for the win!

9-3sleeper
26th June 2007, 11:06 PM
I am a hoosier (a personon from Indiana for those who don't know), I must say Iv'e seen them on alot of cars, not yet a Saab, but way to go, thats a crazy deal you got on the whole package, have fun.

84Saab900TURBO
26th June 2007, 11:18 PM

It's all about the autocross. My class winners usually beat me by about 3 seconds, but they all run slicks. Hopefully, these Hoosiers can enable quicker corners and give me a spot on the podium :cheesy:

Also, just took a hotlap of the neighborhood. Wow, the grip is insane even cold. The thing with slicks is that they fling rocks like nobody's business. Guess I'll be taping fenders.

Oh, and Nick -- I can turn from full lock to full lock with no scuffing. 225's for the win!Ah, well then. Make sure you post pictures of you beating them!:cheesy: Racing slicks are much more respectable than gangsta thuggin' tires;).

Tboy - Yes. Yes I do. I need more time dangit!:cry:

Tboy
27th June 2007, 07:17 AM
Ah, well then. Make sure you post pictures of you beating them!:cheesy: Racing slicks are much more respectable than gangsta thuggin' tires;).

Tboy - Yes. Yes I do. I need more time dangit!:cry:

Head on over to Rocky Mountain raceway. I think thursday nights is a free night.

Tboy

jonny72888
27th June 2007, 08:21 AM
ill give you $50 for your free rims:lol:

hot_wire
27th June 2007, 09:06 AM
After the season I will likely upgrade my street set to some 16's or 17's. We can talk then about my stockers. :)

NickTaliaferro
27th June 2007, 09:21 AM
On the Hosier autocross slicks i had cleared neutral but under hard cornering they would rub the upright. Basically give it a look in there after the first run. :) Thats all.

lms
27th June 2007, 09:35 AM

Oh, and Nick -- I can turn from full lock to full lock with no scuffing. 225's for the win!

What class are you running in?

hot_wire
27th June 2007, 02:55 PM
What class are you running in?

G Stock. I'm up against 07 Civic SI's, an Acura RSX, a Jetta GLI, a minicooper, and the invincible class winner --a butt ugly Dodge Duster.

Results from last event: (http://www.ovr-scca.org/_autocross/results2007/class.asp?season=2007&rid=20) Pictures are somewhere on the www.ovr-scca.org site

project13
28th June 2007, 07:34 PM
Looking nice and sticky!!!