Leather dye stuff [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Leather dye stuff

julianm
23rd June 2007, 06:28 AM
Anyone had success with the leather dye which is always on offer on *bay these days? My seats are really pretty good but thought it might be a finishing touch to smarten up a couple of slightly worn areas on drivers seat - dover grey I think.

Larz 55
23rd June 2007, 06:51 AM
Yeah, I used the grey dye in my seats. It fills in any scuff marks or scratches. It blends in well. You could treat all the leather in about an hour and a half including cleaning beforehand. I think you might get about 20 treatments out one tub. I suppose if your seats were bad you could apply more coats over time. I checked out that online auction too, then found out dealing with the manufacturer was cheaper (just type the product name into a search engine). Good luck.

djtaylor
23rd June 2007, 06:52 AM
Anyone had success with the leather dye which is always on offer on *bay these days? My seats are really pretty good but thought it might be a finishing touch to smarten up a couple of slightly worn areas on drivers seat - dover grey I think.
Fine but it doesn't last forever and not that long on high wear areas but if you're addressing a scratch or scuff, you should get good results.

David.

shinobidice
23rd June 2007, 11:55 AM
Has anyone tried leathertique? I have read good reviews on it over at bimmerforums.com, I was just wondering if anyone had any experience on it here.

That forum has a lot of good info on detailing.

My driver's seat is developing some bad spots, I'm looking into a few different products for repairing it.

djtaylor
23rd June 2007, 02:18 PM
Has anyone tried leathertique? I have read good reviews on it over at bimmerforums.com, I was just wondering if anyone had any experience on it here.

That forum has a lot of good info on detailing.

My driver's seat is developing some bad spots, I'm looking into a few different products for repairing it.
Yes, I love it. Makes your hands nice too. :)

www.nodomainname.co.uk/saab/seatbefore.jpg (http://www.nodomainname.co.uk/saab/seatbefore.jpg) (actually, during the treatment)

www.nodomainname.co.uk/saab/seatafter.jpg (http://www.nodomainname.co.uk/saab/seatafter.jpg)

David.

shinobidice
23rd June 2007, 07:17 PM
Wow, that looks great! I'm definitely going to have to pick some up!

julianm
24th June 2007, 09:39 AM
That`s a great help - many thanks - even a discount on the price!