Help My viggens Grinding and wont shut up! [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Help My viggens Grinding and wont shut up!

K-CSAAB900S
15th June 2007, 08:43 AM
Last night after class, I met my classmates at Chillis. I drove my Viggen and it drove fine. When I came out, I noticed that when I depressed the clutch to the floor I heard a grinding noise. I backed out of the parking lot and it didnt slide into 1st gear very smooth. As I got on the interstate, I noticed that each gear took a lil more effort than normal, yet the acceleration was the same. When I finally got home and parked it in my garage. It grinded loudly before going in to reverse. I was thinking that I needed to replace my clutch but after reading some of the responses to the search on "Grinding" on this site, I am no longer sure if it is the clutch. Please advise. Viggen stats:
1999 Lightning Blue
120,000 Miles
Daily Driver
Last Serviced in February
No prior problems before now.

Has this happened to anyone else and if so, what was the remedy?

busaboy
15th June 2007, 09:02 AM
Sounds like your clutch is not releasing completely. With luck, all you need to do is bleed the clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder.

With little or no luck, you will need a new master cylinder and/or slave cylinder.

Diosnoche
15th June 2007, 10:56 AM
release bearing?

K-CSAAB900S
15th June 2007, 06:57 PM
So you guys dont think I need to replace the clutch? I had read before about synchros? anythought?