bsr ppc [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: bsr ppc

handsomejackuk
14th June 2007, 05:39 AM
Hi,

anyone fitted bsr ppc to their 2.3 aero as only tuning kit what sort of results did you get ?

Alun

DJ53
14th June 2007, 07:36 AM
Did mine over a year ago and no probs whatsoever.Nothing else just stage 1 BSR PPC. Makes a good deal of difference in 3rd and 4th gear nice steady delivery .However in first there is virtually no difference because the tune is limited to protect the gearbox I think, I always said to others 3rd gear is a new 2nd.
Chris tried an aero with just the PPC on some time ago and he wrote a good post saying anyone with a standard aero should try it as its a relatively cheap tune for a good increase in oomph.

Well worth it if you dont wish to go further,
Dave

stalknace
14th June 2007, 07:54 AM
How has your gas mileage been affected besides the sudden increase in weight of your right foot? :cheesy:

DJ53
14th June 2007, 08:14 AM
Well it certainly hasnt gone down. If any thing miles per gallon (over here) probably a touch better. Most people who have these type of tunes are fairly consistent in that their mpg improves.

stalknace
14th June 2007, 08:27 AM
That's what I thought. My last car had a noticable improvent in mileage with a chip. I have just read instances with these about it actually decreasing mileage.

handsomejackuk
14th June 2007, 12:15 PM
Dave,

Thanks for advice on that, I did look on parts for saabs website and was surprised how cheap bsr ppc was i thought it was over 1000 but parts for saab are doing it for 553. just looking down the line for some tuning parts, i am real pleased with the car at the moment, performance wise, but think giving it a few months i may tire of it. I not doing tremedous mileage in it about 100 miles a week so may invest in bsr ppc, or go down the stainless exhaust ecu as abbott suggests. My exhaust looks like its original and dont see the point in spending money on standard exhaust when it goes, as i do intend to keep the car for a while.

Thanks Alun