100k servicing [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: 100k servicing

KC9-3SE
12th June 2007, 02:54 AM
Ok, so recently, I had my SID go off stating that it is time for service. The mileage is at about 106K miles.

What is going to be on the docket for the 100k mile servicing? Is there anything deathly serious that needs to be done ASAP? Is it just a once over to see if the parts are working right, and aligned correctly?

earthworm
13th June 2007, 11:01 PM
A determining factor is the completeness and quality of all the previous services.

At this point, that is an unknown.

Two biggies that can go south are the DIC and the fuel pump at 100 to 200K miles...
Do carry a spare DIC.

I have not serviced cars regularly since the 70s - and at dealership level, we see few 100 K vehicles - the indies get these.... I doubt if any transmissions made it to 100K unopened....The gearboxes of today are much, much better....

At 150 to 160 K, the pulley seal HAD to be changed on the '97.
Also the range switch(auto-trans) had to be renewed...that is about it..
Reams have been written on these services at this and other sites, yet no man can accurately predict when major components will fail...

At one time I would say just change all the coolant hoses at 100K , now I do not think that is necessary...
Another thing I would do, and will do soon is cut the access hole for the fuel pump....
At the 90K mark, the services should be done every 5K rather than every 10 (in the book)......