Climate Control Replacement [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Climate Control Replacement

lrr81765
3rd June 2007, 11:59 AM
I just took out my intermittient climatate control unit ( 99 9-3). It is the manual kind.

I found one on ebay that is an auto kind from a 99 9-5. V71205. Any thoughts on if this will work as a replacement?

Larry

earthworm
3rd June 2007, 05:12 PM
The chances are not too good..the automatic climate control is totally different from the manual - you may need an entire donor car and the patience of Job for this task..

I believe the 9-5 uses a different body shell from the 9-3, interchangeability is very limited.....
But try to go for a consensus....

project13
3rd June 2007, 05:25 PM
I would like to know the interchangeability to, my fan controls only work when I press the knob in, nothing seems broken, loose or anything, I can still click it between the speeds, but to get it to work I need to press the knob in;oops: :nono; sucks!!

So I to need to find a new head control it sounds like and want to know what years, models fit....my 1999 9-3

lrr81765
3rd June 2007, 05:35 PM
Project13 -

That is EXACTLY what has happened to mine. I *may* have it repaired. The problem is some broken plastic, which I took out and epoxyed.

Good luck!

project13
3rd June 2007, 05:38 PM
Project13 -

That is EXACTLY what has happened to mine. I *may* have it repaired. The problem is some broken plastic, which I took out and epoxyed.

Good luck!

Which part was it, were was it? I would like to try that my self

Thanks

PS I hate the manual controls!!