The Mighty Reds [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: The Mighty Reds

unkleG'sif
23-05-07, 05:14 AM
Where are those that are interested in such matters, going to be watching the Greatest footie team in the history of the European Game, going to be watching the match tonight?

Personally, I will be front and centre at mine, with a few mates, neighbours and freindly bottles of Corona

C'mon Ste' Lad..... :cool:
http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/a/a8/Liverpool_Champions_League.jpg

G

Albert Trout
23-05-07, 05:22 AM
I thought you'd been a bit quiet about Liverpool's progress G. Can't believe you took so long :D I'll be cheering them from the sofa, despite their current lack of Scots, as I am now too old to go out on a school night :cry:

unkleG'sif
23-05-07, 05:45 AM
ive deliberately played it down, otherwise i would have been running around like a loonatic for weeks....

now i cant help it tho!

dont worry Al.. there will always be a Scottish corner at Anfield ;)
G

tonyairflow
23-05-07, 06:46 AM
Come on Milan !! Lesser of two evils. Flame proof pants on.

Albert Trout
23-05-07, 06:58 AM
I have to admire a man from Leeds sticking his head up like that :lol:

tonyairflow
23-05-07, 07:03 AM
Ah maybe living in Leeds but actually an expat Geordie with Toon Blood running through. We have actually had some good games over the past few years the usuall 4-3 scorelines they talk about oh and i was there when that P^^"k Colemore scored the winner and also the last game when we beat you i believe;)

unkleG'sif
23-05-07, 07:07 AM
tony

i gotta say that if i where asked who were my "second" team.... toonarmy would the choice (best mate from newcastle, the city is very much like liverpool)

G

Albert Trout
23-05-07, 07:17 AM
I'm not a Liverpool fan Tony, although I do have a soft spot for them, just a xenophobe ;) I'll cheer on any British team in Europe :D

sethsev7n
23-05-07, 08:00 AM
I must say as an american its been difficult trying to get into Football.. your multiple leagues certainly don't help. Either way, I'll be watching tonight and cheering on Liverpool :)

Saabohème
23-05-07, 08:07 AM
Gadzooks, is this a forum for, for . . . , for . . . , English soccer hooligans?!

unkleG'sif
23-05-07, 08:23 AM
Gadzooks, is this a forum for, for . . . , for . . . , English soccer hooligans?!

errr.... no!?

G

Munki
23-05-07, 08:30 AM
I shall be firmly behind AC Milan ...

I loathe and detest Liverpool, for obvious reasons

http://www.olliegball.co.uk/images/chelsea-logo.jpg

Albert Trout
23-05-07, 08:45 AM

Another year goes by without a London team winning the European Cup. I don't think you're investing enough money in players ;)

unkleG'sif
23-05-07, 09:27 AM

no hard feelings mate... i was made up for you guys at the weekend

btw, i am a ****ney living in liverpool, but have been a red since i were a lad

G

EJB
23-05-07, 09:52 AM
There is no doubt that Liverpool FC is the second best football club in the world:lol:

Signed...A Mancunian:cheesy:

unkleG'sif
23-05-07, 10:00 AM
lets not get into that one EJB.....

totally unrelated, i read a report somewhere about Carbon Footprinting of Premiership clubs, and Utd came out on top of that too, on account of all the miles that fans travel from London, up to the game and back again..... :lol:

.... runnning for cover :roll:

G

sethsev7n
23-05-07, 11:55 AM
Nevermind, it plays at 2am here, forget that I'm going to bed :lol:

nutcase
23-05-07, 01:19 PM
Think I shall watch some dukes of hazzard, or something similar and worthwhile :)

If I had to pick a winner, I suppose milan for the comedy value :cheesy:

mike saunders
23-05-07, 01:42 PM
The tea fetish I can understand, but...

Corona?

q: What does a six-pack of Corona have in common with sex in a canoe?
a: They're both f--king near water.

:lol:

DavidMorgan
23-05-07, 03:50 PM
Boy that "Nutcase" is really sticking his neck out:cheesy:
Funny how those most interested are not on line.....:roll:

Maybe I'better join them the game is on the 1st frog channel.
Cheers, as he opens another bottle of good red plonk :o

bazwold
23-05-07, 04:17 PM
Last time I went to a football match Malcolm Allison was manager;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/bazwold/MalcolmAllison.jpg

EAGLES!

You can start taking the p*** now.:cheesy:

DavidMorgan
23-05-07, 04:54 PM
And for me, Wimbledon. I was at Wembleyin 1963 when they won the Amateur Cup Final against Sutton. Eddy Richards, the Wimbledon center foreward scored 4 goals ... all headers....:cheesy:
I was a big DONs fan in those days:lol:

i want an aero
23-05-07, 06:17 PM
There is no doubt that Liverpool FC is the second best football club in the world:lol:

Signed...A Mancunian:cheesy:

:confused: the most successfull team in england ever and 3rd in europe, football started before your plc and the prem started;)

unkleG'sif
23-05-07, 07:29 PM
gutted :cry:

waitress.... can i have that humble pie with some custard please ;)

good game tho

G

3rd stone from the sun
23-05-07, 07:45 PM
Inzaghi's first goal was a fluke. And the Reds played better.
I have to say, Liverpool should have won.

Munki
24-05-07, 04:57 AM
*ahem*

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaa ... :lol:

ianrobbo
24-05-07, 06:14 AM
Tough luck to Liverpool. I'm no fan, but I can imagine how you all feel.

There's always next year!

Albert Trout
24-05-07, 06:36 AM
Liverpool should have won it at a canter. Jermaine Pennant couldn't cross a road.

unkleG'sif
24-05-07, 11:46 AM
..... Jermaine Pennant couldn't cross a road.

laff my ar$e off :lol:

he made loads of really good runs down the right, but couldnt get the ball away

G

nutcase
24-05-07, 01:25 PM
Sounds like I should have watched it for a laugh :)

THE ANORAK
24-05-07, 02:48 PM
munki, as a moderator super or otherwise you should NOT post any inflammatory issues, you really are getting carried away with Chelski,s millions and probably struggle to think of Chelsea BEFORE "The Special One" arrived.

You do know that we up here do take our football and team seriously, Steve.

Chesea football club dont give me a problem, it is a competition, but it is the lack of grace or humility of the coach.

eckyboy
24-05-07, 03:54 PM
Liverpool should have won it at a canter. Jermaine Pennant couldn't cross a road.
I thought he was man of the match:confused:

Munki
24-05-07, 04:43 PM
munki, as a moderator super or otherwise you should NOT post any inflammatory issues, you really are getting carried away with Chelski,s millions and probably struggle to think of Chelsea BEFORE "The Special One" arrived.

You do know that we up here do take our football and team seriously, Steve.

Chesea football club dont give me a problem, it is a competition, but it is the lack of grace or humility of the coach.
Awwww, did I touch a nerve ... then why not call the LFC 2006/2007 Season Helpline?

0800 10101010

That's "O eight hundred, won nothing, won nothing, won nothing, won nothing,"

Get over it, mate

THE ANORAK
24-05-07, 05:29 PM
touched a nerve there havent I partner????? ha ha like the phone number, as before we take our footie seriously and have done for ALL our European Cup ventures even the ones that make "The Special One" spit vitrol at the mention of the other team, the ones that didnt want to win team.
Seriously, got over it last night didnt like the result but no matter how much moaning gets done it aint never going to change the result, some things you just have to accept.

Up here on merseyside this morning can you imagine how many Everton and Man U fans were in work waiting probably with hard ons for the reds to come to work??

Dulux have created a recent new colour up here its called Bitter Blue, carry on like you are and it may appear at Stamford Bridge!!!!!!!!!!!!! Apologies if you are just a token supporter from another part of the UK.