What's this hose? [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: What's this hose?

SaabRivera
10th May 2007, 03:34 PM
Howdy,

I am new here so be easy. I found a picture of the cooling system parts list on this site (thank you ragtopcav), however the name for hose number #24 is not available. There is a leak just around the first bend of this hose.

Now lets see if I can do this.
http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67560&highlight=antifreeze+type

The image is posted twice halfway down the page. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Also where can one find the whole image? I assume it was from a Saab repair manual.

rsances
10th May 2007, 03:48 PM
24 Is a hose clamp

12 is a hose that is common to go, heater hoses from fire wall to cyl head.

pn 49 61 074

SaabRivera
10th May 2007, 03:55 PM
Now where did you find that, and how did you know that? Number 12 is right (not feeling too smart right about now). Thanks for the reply!

SaabRivera
10th May 2007, 07:48 PM
Another question for anyone out there.....

I ordered the heater hose plus a new upper radiator hose. The Radiator hose was quite thin and caked with oil, due to some leakage from my distributor/distributor cap (needs new O rings). There isnt any leakage on the upper radiator hose, but I decided to get it done ahead of time. After calling the local Saab Shop here in town and the dealearship, I decided the cheapest route was Europarts.com. I was able to get both hoses for under 50 bucks including 2nd day ground shipping and what not.

The leak in the heater hose is tiny, about an 8th of an inch. Since my Saab is my only way of transport, I bought some Radiator hose tape to hold me over. Does anyone know if my tape will be able to hold me over til Monday at the latest? Anyone have experience with Hose tape?

Thanks