SaabCentral Forums banner

best way to sepnd 400

844 views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  caseysturrup 
#1 ·
If one was to have an open air filter, and was going to have JSP reflash his/her ecu, would he/she rather buy the $400 cat back exhaust or the $400 downpipe to go with all the mods. Considering at the time h e only had 400 to spend, but would get the other piece later.

Thanks for the advice
-Joel

#4 ·
agreed whats the point of having all that power when you cant control it

youll want a steering rack clamp espically with the down pipe from what i hear

#8 ·
If you are getting an ECU reflash, you *must* have the 3" downpipe if you are going Stage 3.

It is not worth it to pay $500 for an ecu reflash for stage 1 or 2, and then pay another $500 for the stage 3/4 reflash when you do get your downpipe.

If you are paying for an ECU now, spend the $400 on the downpipe (it does add some sound) and get the stage 3 ECU. Then in the future you can get the catback.

In turbo applications, you want to re-do your exhaust from the Turbo to the tip, not the tip to the turbo.

#9 ·
Thanks amish geek, "turbo to tip" good to know. I will probably have my ecu done for stage 3, and get the downpipe now, I am more interested in funtion than sound at this point.

Im actually at school in colorado, ive been talking to some people on the forum about my ecu tuning at colorado's high altitude...
I will be coming home to portland in the summer.

Thanks

Joel

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.