SaabCentral Forums banner

Who has a Custom Exhaust on their Saab ?

2K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  turbo5door 
#1 ·
So I was looking at some sites for a exhaust system and i was wonder who here went custom? and was it too expensive or what? was it affordable. and did it treat them well? does it sound nice? or ricey? comments would be great. also i want to get a 3inch catback. would that be expensive let me know. who has accomplished this. thanks

Eric :D

#2 ·
You can expect to pay $275-$500 for a custom setup on your exhaust. The mufflers of choice are usually Magnaflow, Borla or something like Dynomax.

You will get a good sounding system if you go custom and you will get a good sound if you go Saabsport too.

Have a look at this thread for links to all the exhaust setups you could ever want to hear/see.

EXHAUST THREAD

#3 ·
i decided im doing mine custom too...im leaving the piping stock for now...until i get an ecu....as for muffler, i picked the summit racing muffler....15 bux brand new from them...im actually getting it for 10 from a friend who had it on for like a month and then his truck broke down

#5 ·
I have this custom system fitted cat-back on my 2.3 convertible...

It's a full stainless system with a mid box removed, pipe bore is same as stock and the thing makes a damned interminable racket that I can't wait to get rid! :(

Jetex twin tail for me if finances ever allow.

#7 ·
Viggen_93 said:
what muffler you got?
It's a generic stainless box that has a straight through perforated section to a wire wool packed box; I've ran the same system on an earlier car, but with the middle box included, on my old V6 and this was no-where near as noisy. Even seasoned rice boys turn their heads to see what's passing by - and it's me with a drop top Saab.

#8 ·
I have a custom 3" Downpipe made by Sleeper9kt (JK9000s on saablink).

I'm going to be talking to a local exhaust shop that will be making me a custom 3" Downpipe-back exhaust with a single resonator at the end. The cost for full 3" turbo back was $109 for a buddies talon, so I'm expecting it to be about the same here.

3" turbo back catless with a single high-flow resonator. This thing is gonna be growly.

#9 ·
Twin exit custom exhaust, 2.5" Stainless steel to cat then 3" stainless downpipe...

Very similair to the Jetex system in looks:

#10 ·
i replaced the rear muffler with a dynomax thrush turbo muffler, which sounds stock but at a much deeper tone which i like, not too loud but nice

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.