SaabCentral Forums banner

Steering wheel swap

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  hkayssi 
#1 ·
Does anyone know if a 9-2x steering wheel would fit a 97' 900se direct or indirect?

#3 ·
No adapter,,no hub switch?The after market dept for saab are really slim. I need to make mine look a little different,everyone saab looks alike. By the way I noticed we both have 97' talladaga se,what's so special about them I heard some where that they were rare?

Jeremy R. said:
It almost definitely wouldn't fit. Even a 9-3 steering wheel won't fit a NG900 without changing out part of the steering column.

#4 ·
Hi there,

The Talladegas are rare because they were only made in 1997.
The diffrences are cosmetic only.
The Talladega SE has the painted mirror covers, painted bumper tops, painted spoiler a front lip spoiler, the BBS wheels, chrome inside door handles, Talladega badge on the rear right. Black instead of chrome insert in the bumpers.

Aside from that the Talladega is a regular SE mechanically.

Jeremy R has the best looking Talladega I've seen to date. And he has the roof spoiler. There may be a couple douzen cars in the US that has it.

He also got the double Y Aero wheels. Those are by far the best looking wheels SAAB came out with :cheesy:

#5 ·
hkayssi said:
And he has the roof spoiler. There may be a couple dozen cars in the US that has it.
I hope there aren't that many! :cheesy:

I know there used to be hub adapters for the old 900 and the 9000. At a local Saab meet a couple of weeks ago there were a few with Momo or other aftermarket steering wheels that must have had adapter hubs, but I don't know if I've ever seen one for a NG900.

I have a Viggen steering wheel in my car. I had to buy a new steering column and a 9-3 airbag, which were about $60 each at a junkyard, and I found a mint condition steering wheel on eBay for less than $50. I think it really modernized the interior and I like the perforated leather and the bumps.

#7 ·
What's kinda funny, with me living near Talladega, AL; is that I have seen 10 (maybe) Saabs since I've moved down here from Green Bay, WI. It kinda sucks having to drive 30 mins to the only dealership and when I move again to Auburn (War Eagle!) it'll be an hour. But for it being a Talladega, I havn't seen a single one around here, mostly new 9-3's or 9-5's.

#8 ·
Jeremy R. said:

I know there used to be hub adapters for the old 900 and the 9000. At a local Saab meet a couple of weeks ago there were a few with Momo or other aftermarket steering wheels that must have had adapter hubs, but I don't know if I've ever seen one for a NG900.

I have a Viggen steering wheel in my car. I had to buy a new steering column and a 9-3 airbag, which were about $60 each at a junkyard, and I found a mint condition steering wheel on eBay for less than $50. I think it really modernized the interior and I like the perforated leather and the bumps.
Haha well it's a guess but I know of a douzen people or so that have it including you. I'm guessing I don't know everybody who has one in the US ;)

There was a group buy by soccerrplyr las year to make and sell some. I think they made and few that way (5 or so). Also Kevin Yankton made a couple of those in fiberglass and carbon fiber and he sold the original on ebay for $350. And there are people who buy those on ebay and are willing to pay astronomical shipping charges from the UK like Cleve IIRC, who outbid me by the way, on a black one last year :lol:. As you can see I want one too ever since I saw it the first time on your car :cheesy: Damn you :lol: That is one beautiful machine. I can't wait to see it with the VIGGEN kit

#9 ·
Hey, jeremy send me a pic of yours,never seen one with a roof spoiler.

Jeremy R. said:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.