SaabCentral Forums banner

Should this have happened???

735 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Jeremy R. 
#1 ·
I just installed my Pioneer DEH-4900ib radio. Couldnt be happier... but.... i noticed that the GS harness only had 2 plugs while the stock radio had 3 plugs. Which 2 should i have pluged in??? and also my front door speakers dont work anymore but the tweeters on the dash and the rear 6x9s work. Anyone have any ideas???

Thanks.

#2 ·
The third wire goes to your stock amp which goes to your door speakers. ;) That's why there's 3 wires and your door speakers don't work.

My solution - since I have upgraded door and rear speakers, I use those, no dash speakers until I buy an amp. What you need to do for this is cut the door speaker wires from the stock amp, and wire them to where the dash speakers would hook up. At first I had the door and dash wires spliced together, but the dash speakers couldn't handle the intensity, so I just disconnected them and it sounds a ton better.

#5 ·
The third wire actually goes to the CD changer. The 9-3 uses a 3rd rectangular DIN socket for the changer. The door speakers connect with a 9-pin round DIN plug, which is also hanging loose back there somewhere. You'll need to make up an adapter cable if you want to use your door speaker amp. It's really simple and costs about $10 in parts, if that. I've posted how to make one a few times, so if you search around, you'll find it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.