SaabCentral Forums banner

Aluminium Speedo cover?!

1K views 27 replies 8 participants last post by  hkayssi 
#1 ·
I have just bought (partly by accident!) a metal speedo / cluster cover (HERE)

Has anyone fitted one? I'm not worried about the acutal fitting but am wondering if it's worth fitting! Anyone got any pictures?

Cheers folks

#15 ·
ParaMedic_Saab said:
Is there an easy way to get that plastic off to place these silver things on ?
Ummmmmmmmmmmm I think either way you have to pull the dash facsia off to be able to install those chrome bezel rings from speedparts. Funny cause I've had my dash off so many times since getting my 9-3 from installing gauges and I never even once paid attention to instrument cluster.

#17 ·
The ng900/og9-3 dash comes out so easily that its not even a pain in the butt.........however if when you take it off them HVAC routing tubes to the vents come with it it can be a pain in the butt to get them to stay on where they are supposed to while you try and put the fascia back on when your finished.

Edit: Dips site FTW.

#19 ·
hkayssi said:
Yea thank God for Dip, Munki and PMI. Without their tutorials we'd be much poorer :lol:

Thanks guys :cheesy:
No..................I'd be a monkey with a wrench scratching my head and then taking pictures step by step doing the same thing they did.

Seriously though, thank you very much to Dip, Munki, PMI, or anybody that has done write ups. You have seriously helped a 9k driver now in a 9-3 and Dip much thanks to you as your write up explained the rear brakes of the 9-3 that I have to do this weekend..............they could just make em like the 9k calipers..........ugh.

#20 ·
NahumCC said:
No..................I'd be a monkey with a wrench scratching my head and then taking pictures step by step doing the same thing they did.

Seriously though, thank you very much to Dip, Munki, PMI, or anybody that has done write ups. You have seriously helped a 9k driver now in a 9-3 and Dip much thanks to you as your write up explained the rear brakes of the 9-3 that I have to do this weekend..............they could just make em like the 9k calipers..........ugh.
You can upgrade those to 9-5 calipers you know ;)

#21 ·
hkayssi said:
You can upgrade those to 9-5 calipers you know ;)
I know this but do you think I have any money lol. I'm in college, have a car payment, have to find a place to live over the summer still. Just got done spending will over a grand on my car. GS intake, Forge dumb valve (atmosphere), GS downpipe, saab sport back, double gauge pod, boost/vac gauge, oil pressure gauge, narrowband, rear brakes...................i can't work the corner every night..........I have to study at some point.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.