SaabCentral Forums banner

cat back

2K views 24 replies 9 participants last post by  NahumCC 
#1 ·
okay, so i want to get a cat back...what are my options? i know one is the saab sport back from GS...what others are there? and links plz?

#5 ·
i find that to be backwards....

why is it when u do stage 2, it is cat back first then? and then stage 3 is full exhaust?

im not going to power, i just want a lil more sound from the exhuast, thats it....later on i might do the tunes, but thats way down the road

#6 · (Edited)
If you just want more sound, there's an inexpensive way to get that done. For less than $100, go to your local Meineke or any muffler shop... have them remove your rear muffler and replace it with 2.5" or 3" pipe. Done. No joke, it sounds great. I have the 2.5" on my car, a friend who had the same car as mine did 3". Pretty big difference between the two, even with just that half inch. It'll burble and pop and fart while youre decellerating and it just sounds good all around. Go for it.

#7 ·
straycatkid said:
If you just want more sound, there's an inexpensive way to get that done. For less than $100, go to your local Meineke or any muffler shop... have them remove your rear muffler and replace it with 2.5" or 3" pipe. Done. No joke, it sounds great. I have the 2.5" on my car, a friend who had the same car as mine did 3". Pretty big difference between the two, even with just that half inch. It'll burble and pop and fart while youre decellerating and it just sounds good all around. Go for it.

so i dont even have to have the piping bigger from the cat? just a couple inches works too? any power increases along with it?

#9 ·
straycatkid said:
Power increase, if any, would be minimal. Unnoticable, that sort of minimal. But yeah, just 2.5 or 3 inch axle-back. Just delete the rear muffler. Add pipe. Drive. Smile. Yeah.

lol...ummm...how would a flowmaster 40 series sound on the saab?

#10 ·
screamingreen97 said:
i find that to be backwards....

why is it when u do stage 2, it is cat back first then? and then stage 3 is full exhaust?

im not going to power, i just want a lil more sound from the exhuast, thats it....later on i might do the tunes, but thats way down the road
you need downpipe first, and thats where all the power is anyways.

#16 ·
Abbotts system is tops... no matter what anyone says. I have it and am exteremely happy with it!

Great sound, includes the dp and cat tho, cost me £645 +VAT (I also had ECU for £199 +VAT).

#18 ·
Viggen_93 said:
what muffler did you use? i was thinkin about getting a japanese brand called apexi but i think that might sound to ricey. what did u get?

i had custom aluminum piping and a cheapo muffler....didnt sound too loud, not too low either...

#20 ·
saabguykai said:
Tolga, you heard mine at the show. That's a Borla with custom 2.5" pipes. I'm hoping to pick-up a DP at Carlisle.

I think buying the muffler and having a good place run pipes is the best way to go.

oh ya thats right...forgot u said it was a borla....

i dunno, i guess ill see wut i can afford....just paid some bills...damn bills...;oops:

#21 ·
#23 ·
im not looking for a downpipe....and i dont think i would attract the cops, since it will only be open when i need it...and when im driving normal, i wont have any noise and will sound completly stock

#25 ·
Just do downpipe and cat back at the same time. GS 3 inch DP and saab sport back sound amazing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.