SaabCentral Forums banner

Kyb Struts?

1K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Boosted 9-3 
#1 ·
My parts guy is giving me a set of kyb struts.I'm a billsien guy,never used kyb but for the price(free) can't be too bad?Need info from Anyone using kyb. Thanks chris

#6 ·
But dont use them if u lower, one of my fronts was soo weak that it would bounce under load, and just had to replace them.

And a full load of classes+work is the reason for me not being here. Done july 29 though :cheesy:

#7 ·
Cheer up Stalker, when you're out in the real world, there's no studying for tests or papers to write at night. Of course, kids can occupy you until 9 pm or so....:cheesy:

I can't say anything for KYBs on a lowered car as I have no experience. I would not discount them for a stock ride heighth car, though.

#8 ·
5series said:
My parts guy is giving me a set of kyb struts.I'm a billsien guy,never used kyb but for the price(free) can't be too bad?Need info from Anyone using kyb. Thanks chris
I just swapped out my front kyb's for Konis with my Voxtland springs and its night and day... The koni's are much more comfortable and they perform better in the corners too. The Kyb's were ok, but they were definetely harsh, you feel every bump in the road and they would kind of bounce with the lowering springs. I did it for price too, but once I swapped to the Konis I was blown away by how much better the ride was. Its actually way more comfortable and its better performance!!!

If you do not mind the harshness, they are fine, if you have the money go bilstein or better yet, go koni! I can run the koni full firm and they are still less harsh than the kyb's. On full soft its almost as soft and smooth as my stock 9000 aero;)

John

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.